Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada extra $5000 discount for taking delivery Dec 21-31, 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to 10,000 free supercharging kms, Tesla Canada is now offering $5,000 credit for taking delivery of a 3 or Y in the next 10 days before year end.

Nice unexpected bonus for us! Appears to align with the $3,750 credit in the US. Lots of cars in inventory now too if you’re looking.

Attachments

• 782D5A2C-3D74-4CD0-8330-44FEF087495C.jpeg
    782D5A2C-3D74-4CD0-8330-44FEF087495C.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 161
Does this apply to demo cars? Also, are you able to remove the option of EAP from the demos to reduce the price?
Yes and yes. I suggest speaking with an advisor. They have discretion to apply additional incentives to move inventory vehicles, in particular demos. For example, no charge exterior paint, no charge white interior, maybe no charge rim upgrades, etc. They can also remove EAP or FSD.

And FYI in case you were like me and unaware, demo cars are not subject to freight & PDI (or whatever it’s called) so effectively you’re saving another $1800.

Last edited:
Correct, demand has definitely waned in the midst of price hikes and >6.5% interest rates! So do you wait till next year where they may drop their regular prices and also include new tech? Decisions!
And the fact that Elon has pissed off a lot of potential Tesla buyers.

Apparently in the US some EV incentives have been delayed so people are waiting for those to kick in before making their purchase.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I would have purchased a 3 if the price discount was applied to the msrp so we could get the 3k provincial and 5k federal rebate.
As someone else confirmed, the credit is indeed a discount off the pre-tax price of the car. So there is also tax savings on the $5k. I’m not familiar with the rules for provincial and federal rebates but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to stack them all.