Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know typically once you get a VIN, how long before your car arrives?
Apparently they have to assign a VIN once they start production on the vehicle. It doesn’t always appear on your Tesla account. If you open your account in a web browser and go to your vehicle‘s page where you see the EDD. Then you want to view the player source”. On a Mac hit the Develop tab and then click View Source. Once shown, search the source for 5YJ - Tesla’s manufacturper ID at the start of all VINs. If you have a VIN it will be in there.

cars spend 3-5 days on the production line.

sooooo, if you can find a vin in the source, it will probably be sitting on the lot in Fremont in under a week

i was checking this in late March, which seems so ridiculous now 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: MikeJ
Plaid Red/white with 21” delivery date nov 20-dec 9. My RN is 113 range (battery day)
Wondering if it’s the white interior.
Anyone with plaid on white interior here? What’s your date?

I'm still Oct 6-26 with my Plaid White/Black 19s. For some reason I don't like that everyone is getting an updated EDD but me. I'm pretty much alone with an Oct EDD I might just be in Tesla neverland.

I have a friend with a LR White/Black 19s and his new date is Nov 30- Dec 13 pushed back from Nov 7-27.

It's hard to tell for sure, but I believe it doesn't look good for us getting our cars in 2021. It's the third push back in a few weeks. No words at all from the senior lead sales advisor that I know. Something is up me think.

I'm still Oct 6-26 with my Plaid White/Black 19s. For some reason I don't like that everyone is getting an updated EDD but me. I'm pretty much alone with an Oct EDD I might just be in Tesla neverland.

I have a friend with a LR White/Black 19s and his new date is Nov 30- Dec 13 pushed back from Nov 7-27.

It's hard to tell for sure, but I believe it doesn't look good for us getting our cars in 2021. It's the third push back in a few weeks. No words at all from the senior lead sales advisor that I know. Something is up me think.
i have a feeling that we will see our cars in October again i didnt specify the year lol

Glad to see some movement for everyone. I took a punt that Tesla wouldn't deliver in 2021 and bought the Taycan.

I'll run it for 6-12 months while Tesla gets everything settled and then switch over. Taking a browse through Model S Plaid/LR 2021 Refresh Issues Thread helped me make my call.

All the best to everyone and fingers crossed your cars come this year!
Congrats on the Tyacan which one did you get? Testdrove the Turbo S and i really liked it as well.

Apparently they have to assign a VIN once they start production on the vehicle. It doesn’t always appear on your Tesla account. If you open your account in a web browser and go to your vehicle‘s page where you see the EDD. Then you want to view the player source”. On a Mac hit the Develop tab and then click View Source. Once shown, search the source for 5YJ - Tesla’s manufacturper ID at the start of all VINs. If you have a VIN it will be in there.

sooooo, if you can find a vin in the source, it will probably be sitting on the lot in Fremont in under a week

That's great. TY. Just checked...nothing yet.

Apparently they have to assign a VIN once they start production on the vehicle. It doesn’t always appear on your Tesla account. If you open your account in a web browser and go to your vehicle‘s page where you see the EDD. Then you want to view the player source”. On a Mac hit the Develop tab and then click View Source. Once shown, search the source for 5YJ - Tesla’s manufacturer ID at the start of all VINs. If you have a VIN it will be in there.

sorry that should have said "page source" not player source. on a pc hit ctrl-u on the webpage. for mac option-command-u works. this will show you the page source where the VIN apparently appears before it does in your account.

all that said, I've read some accounts of people having a vin and then it's taken away. most of the time however, it sounds like if you have a VIN in the page source, that means your car is being built...

Had been sitting on a delivery date estimate of September 27 – September 30 for about a week and a half. Prior to that it had been creeping forward in five day increments over the course of a few weeks from early September into late August. This morning it changed to September 9 to September 22. Naturally I would initially be excited about this, however, after what happened over the last month where it advanced, advanced, advanced, and then got pushed back I’m not holding my breath. We will see.

MSLR MSM/black 21” FSD order date March 4