Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Model S Plaid and LR orders and deliveries!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this post. I wouldn't have asked for the correction if you hadn't alluded that they would agree. You just saved me 2.2k$. That's a really a cheap tricky from Tesla.

Picked up yesterday. There were 9 in the show room.
It's great.
I'm glad I didn't take the Plaid because all my passengers and myself are nauseous with the LR. I feel it's worse as a passenger.
Glad I took the 19" so at least I can survive the first winter with the factory all seasons tires while I figure out the winter tire story later. They are alright.

Issues on mine:
- Rear left door doesn't latch open properly.
- Factory installed a front plate holder. :(
- It honks randomly in the parkway. I probably have misconfigured it so I'll check later.

I was expecting more issues than that so I'm happy.
I got matched to a LR in Toronto but will have to go for a drive later this week.

Anyone in Ottawa that picked up.. would love to see it before going for a drive… 🤔

I got matched to a LR in Toronto but will have to go for a drive later this week.

Anyone in Ottawa that picked up.. would love to see it before going for a drive… 🤔
Sure, DM me. I guess I can't DM yet because my account is too new (?)

I got the front plate holder removed today. The technicians did it with my hair dryer at home. :) They did a great job!

I have no VIN yet, but I got an update for my Plaid - Edmonton, AB, - RN1144XXXXX Oct 29 - Nov 18!

It was July, then nothing.
Then Aug, Then Nothing,
Then Oct 15, Then nothing..

Now it updated again, to End of Oct --> Middle of Nov.

I hope this one will stick!!!
Delivery dates are weird
After I put in order on Aug 13 on a red/black plaid (RN1154) it showed a delivery of March 2022
Then at the end of August it changed to: September 30 - October 20
Checked with the SA and he said it showed: mid-October or mid-November in his system
Still shows September 30 - October 20 on my account

Reactions: 55783f8
Seeing as I'm scheduled for a late Oct early Nov delivery, I went to Kal Tire today to explore winter tires for my 19" rims. Nokian doesn't have anything that fits my rear rims, sadly. Had to go with Michelin Pilot Alpin 4, and there was almost no stock available. Not cheap either, around $2100 for all corners.

Just a heads up for those taking November-ish deliveries; there may be no options available to you for winter tires, if you care about that sort of thing where you live/drive.

Reactions: Aleks0404
Seeing as I'm scheduled for a late Oct early Nov delivery, I went to Kal Tire today to explore winter tires for my 19" rims. Nokian doesn't have anything that fits my rear rims, sadly. Had to go with Michelin Pilot Alpin 4, and there was almost no stock available. Not cheap either, around $2100 for all corners.

Just a heads up for those taking November-ish deliveries; there may be no options available to you for winter tires, if you care about that sort of thing where you live/drive.
I found that when the Y launched, winter tires didn't really start showing up until January. Again, with this whole COVID/supply chain issue it's unclear when tires will become available. Look around at secondary locations too - that's how I got mine. There's a place in Scarborough that might have something available...

https://www.spencetire.com/model-s.html

Reactions: Bitjockey
Received my MSLR this weekend in Montreal... No real quality issues. Missing the rear trunk inside "separator". They will deliver when available. The rest looks great.

94ED6A41-45BF-46CC-A517-63BD4C7AB393.jpeg