Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For example, I stopped in at the Lloydminster, AB Canadian Tire store last week to check in on the planned CHAdeMO station and the staff had no idea what I was talking about. That would be good information to know for anyone thinking fast charging is going to be in place this summer.

To be fair, the Canadian Tire stores I've charged at that DO have fast chargers have most staff unaware of the existence of the chargers.

To be fair, the Canadian Tire stores I've charged at that DO have fast chargers have most staff unaware of the existence of the chargers.
What??? Where are you located?

I think he is more speaking about the TransCanada fast chargers, some at Canadian Tires and Petro-Canada. Just a suggestion, but I’d say wait until summer before venturing out to those locations, because construction probably won’t start until then.

What??? Where are you located?

I think he is more speaking about the TransCanada fast chargers, some at Canadian Tires and Petro-Canada. Just a suggestion, but I’d say wait until summer before venturing out to those locations, because construction probably won’t start until then.

These were in Calgary/Red Deer/Edmonton. I agree, though, that construction is probably still a ways off for the SK/MB chargers. I'm just saying that the staff at the Alberta locations for the most part have no idea there is a Chademo/CCS charger in their parking lot.

As a relative newbie here, not looking to start an unwanted thread, but would the moderator please consider creating a CHAdeMO Yellowhead Highway.

You would probably get more timely and accurate information simply by following PlugShare either by their web site or app. It is a crowd-sourced repository of charging station info and you can bet that as soon as a station pops up, someone will create an entry there.

Reactions: GarthG
Europe CCS adapter to Mennekes receptacle on Tesla Model S and X is different from Tesla connector in North America. No CCS adapter announced yet here.
Yes, but hopefully it will be eventually and given that CCS usually shows up at the same charging stations as Cademo but is a faster way of charging I'm thinking of waiting since I don’t need Cademo urgently.

Yes, but hopefully it will be eventually and given that CCS usually shows up at the same charging stations as Cademo but is a faster way of charging I'm thinking of waiting since I don’t need Cademo urgently.

I have a CHAdeMO adapter that works just fine with my X, so I don't really have a lot invested here, however, the compact nature of the European CCS adapter sure looks a lot nicer than the kludge which is the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter!

Reactions: Vawlkus
I have a CHAdeMO adapter that works just fine with my X, so I don't really have a lot invested here, however, the compact nature of the European CCS adapter sure looks a lot nicer than the kludge which is the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter!

Has anyone had a chance to test one of these S/X adapters with the 3? I assume the Tesla end of the plug is the same, but I've read the car needs the programming to handshake - which the 3 does not have?

Has anyone had a chance to test one of these S/X adapters with the 3? I assume the Tesla end of the plug is the same, but I've read the car needs the programming to handshake - which the 3 does not have?
Correct, the 3 requires the handshake protocol for interfacing with the Chademo adapter. I am reliably informed that the software does exist and is in testing, but it has not been released yet.