Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian CHAdeMO charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they breaking ground on any of those PetroCanada chargers? Is there any indication of ETA? I see the bases have been poured for Superchargers for Maple Creek and Moose Jaw (SK) and Blind River, ESpanola, North Bay and Deep River (ON) - indicating some progress on the TCH. At this point according to PlugShare there are almost no Chademo in the west; CCS out here are mostly other car dealers. Getting from Winnipeg to civilization would still be a struggle in any direction.

(But I do see that PlugShare knows nothing of the fast charger in the Polo Park Mall, so I wonder what else is missing)

Are they breaking ground on any of those PetroCanada chargers? Is there any indication of ETA? I see the bases have been poured for Superchargers for Maple Creek and Moose Jaw (SK) and Blind River, ESpanola, North Bay and Deep River (ON) - indicating some progress on the TCH. At this point according to PlugShare there are almost no Chademo in the west; CCS out here are mostly other car dealers. Getting from Winnipeg to civilization would still be a struggle in any direction.

I've seen pictures on here of completed PetroCan located EC chargers. They have started, too.

(But I do see that PlugShare knows nothing of the fast charger in the Polo Park Mall, so I wonder what else is missing)
Huh? I don't normally have Chademo or CCS turned on so hadn't realized they weren't in there. I came across them when I was checking Polo Park to see if there were any signs of an Urban SC ground breaking. If I had realized that they weren't in Plugshare I would have added them.

Last edited:
If you can, add these pics - Polo Park. $20 an hour seems steep, but...
IMG_3606.jpg
IMG_3607.jpg

Reactions: SammichLover

Polo Park Mall fast charger is definitely on PlugShare. It even shows the availability of the charger on Plugshare, synced from the Flo site.

Note the lower-power J1772 light blue chargers
I backed up to that but upon seeing the price, and reading the instructions as that I was going to need to "sign-up" for an account or something (because I didn't have a RFID pass), I coughed really hard and got back in my car to head straight to Fort Whyte Alive. :)

Hanging out at Fort Whyte Alive turned out way better than I expect hanging at the mall would have, anyway.

Just ordered CHAdeMO Adapter for my Model 3 SR+. I have a trip planned for deep into Quebec north where it's no man's land for Tesla superchargers. The Tesla shop warned me 2-3 weeks lead time and my trip is at the end of August. I was also afraid that Tesla will soon be on backorder for this item. I will finally get to use my Circuit Electric RFID card again. Last used for some in town L2 charging when I had my Volt.

Just ordered CHAdeMO Adapter for my Model 3 SR+. I have a trip planned for deep into Quebec north where it's no man's land for Tesla superchargers. The Tesla shop warned me 2-3 weeks lead time and my trip is at the end of August. I was also afraid that Tesla will soon be on backorder for this item. I will finally get to use my Circuit Electric RFID card again. Last used for some in town L2 charging when I had my Volt.

Same here. I'm going to Rouge-Matawin réserve faunique in middle of August. From my home to the camping spot back to the Supercharger it's 364km... With a cargo carrier box on top of my Model 3 LR RWD I'll be at the limit of what I find acceptable as range buffer. That doesn't even take into account any vampire drain for 3 days while out there...

WFfeEm6.png

There're many CHAdeMO on the way so let's hope my adapter comes before my trip.

GsOIW72.png

Same here. I'm going to Rouge-Matawin réserve faunique in middle of August. From my home to the camping spot back to the Supercharger it's 364km... With a cargo carrier box on top of my Model 3 LR RWD I'll be at the limit of what I find acceptable as range buffer. That doesn't even take into account any vampire drain for 3 days while out there...

WFfeEm6.png

There're many CHAdeMO on the way so let's hope my adapter comes before my trip.

GsOIW72.png
I think there is a Tesla club in Montreal. You can borrow their adapter.

Likewise, just ordered mine now having seen your post. Very useful for my M3 for trips to Northern Ontario (Kirkland Lake)

I can say with authority they are. Besides the first one in Ontario (didn’t get the address sorry), I know the one in Stewiacke Nova Scotia is going online tomorrow and that the next one will be going up in Grand Falls NB. This is from talking with the techs from Suncor who are gonna be traveling for the next four months straight setting them up.

I can say with authority they are. Besides the first one in Ontario (didn’t get the address sorry), I know the one in Stewiacke Nova Scotia is going online tomorrow and that the next one will be going up in Grand Falls NB. This is from talking with the techs from Suncor who are gonna be traveling for the next four months straight setting them up.
Dorchester, Ontario. Both DCFC have been installed.
Petro-Canada
3305 Dorchester Road, Dorchester, Ontario, N0I 1G0

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

same here. Schedule for delivery this Friday. I have 4 items coming this week and some of them I ordered 2 weeks ago..
I think I know why Tesla Shop items ordered lately like today for instance are speeding out of Tesla and into FedEX hands

Take for instance an order from April. Tesla FedEx tracking shows:

FROM
NEWARK, CA US

Origin Terminal

SAN JOSE, CA

Now my order from today shows:
FROM

LATHROP, CA US

Origin Terminal

STOCKTON, CA

LATHROP, CA US? Ring a bell anyone?

Tesla’s rumored Lathrop distribution center seems poised to start operations soon
Article Posted July 2, 2019

Tesla's rumored Lathrop distribution center seems poised to start operations soon

Just curious, what sort of arrangement would you need to pay for charging there? Sign up? App? Just show up with credit card? (Any idea how much they charge?)

Petro Canada chargers are currently free to use with no signup or app required. They are planning to roll out a payment system in the fall once more chargers come online, but I haven't seen any details yet on what form that will take.