Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Winter SR M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!
I've seen ENDLESS POSTS about Americans with their M3's in Winter.

Are there ANY Canadians with M3? I would love to be able to sort the forums, but at this point its like searching for a needle in a haystack.....

My question is; Have any Canadians driven their M3 in ACTUAL Winter conditions? I mean, -15 to -30 C.... not 0'C.... -15 or -30.. How much range do you lose?

Where i live in BC it regularly gets to -20C, -25C here. ACTUAL Winter.

Been trying to find any info but it seems hopeless.... so here goes with a post, sorry if i sound upset but damn, its hard to find *sugar* on this forum!

I’m in Alaska. Way north of you in BC. There is an entire thread I started back in October about winter driving thoughts so far. Most of the last 6 weeks I’ve been in temps below 0 (C). Many mornings this winter so far in the -10 to -15 (C), snow/ice covered roads since weekend before Halloween. I’m losing about 20-30% efficiency so pretty close to my efficiency loss in the winter with my ICE vehicles.

From what I can tell the largest difference so far isn’t the temps as much as the rough snow/ ice covered roads. I get almost the same Wh/mi at 10 -> 5 (C) as I do at -10 -> -15

Last edited: