Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should be less if you have 2021 pricing, but if you have FSD on the order you would pay luxury tax on the 12,000.

I figure it’s around $6700 for my order.

Anyone with FSD on a 2022 order delivering after Sept should remove it and add it after. Unless having it part of financing is worth an extra 22% on the price of FSD.

Last edited:
Sounds like the rates are "posted" on the 1st, so i should have done this last week :(
Tesla said 5.79-5.9 with excellent credit on a 72 month,
Interest rates are good for 30 days, the Loan Approval is good for 90 days.
I don't even want to think what rates will be like come Q4 that my reservation has been bumped to. Will probably use my HELOC instead & risk the volatility.

For 96 months it was 5.31% with Scotia through Tesla. RBC was 5.45% through Tesla for same terms
I got 4.9% on 96 months back on may 30th. Who knows what it will be when Tesla gets this vehicle to me.

Also one of the reason the going with plaid almost makes sense because if interest rates reach 7% by Q4 plus the $8800 on assumed luxury tax on my long range. The math makes a bit more sense if I can get a plaid right now at my current rate. The difference works out to be only $20,000. And I can potentially get the car 5-7 months sooner and I will be saving $3000-$4200 in gas during those 5-7 months. Which brings it down to $15800-$17000 more to go plaid. 🤔

I got 4.9% on 96 months back on may 30th. Who knows what it will be when Tesla gets this vehicle to me.

Also one of the reason the going with plaid almost makes sense because if interest rates reach 7% by Q4 plus the $8800 on assumed luxury tax on my long range. The math makes a bit more sense if I can get a plaid right now at my current rate. The difference works out to be only $20,000.
I think rates hit 7% easy by Sept. Audi is advertising 6.8% already. I feel like the kid taunting you with “Do it! Do it!”

Not sure how the resale value holds up on plaid, but it’s a hot market now. If your planning to keep it one less thing to worry about.

I mentioned to wife but she insists on 7 seats but would take any color exterior/interior (except cream).

Also one of the reason the going with plaid almost makes sense because if interest rates reach 7% by Q4 plus the $8800 on assumed luxury tax on my long range. The math makes a bit more sense if I can get a plaid right now at my current rate. The difference works out to be only $20,000. And I can potentially get the car 5-7 months sooner and I will be saving $3000-$4200 in gas during those 5-7 months. Which brings it down to $15800-$17000 more to go plaid. 🤔
Looks like you want to get the Plaid.... Go for it!

I think rates hit 7% easy by Sept. Audi is advertising 6.8% already. I feel like the kid taunting you with “Do it! Do it!”

Not sure how the resale value holds up on plaid, but it’s a hot market now. If your planning to keep it one less thing to worry about.

I mentioned to wife but she insists on 7 seats but would take any color exterior/interior (except cream).
I'm actually concerned about the resale value of all the new Xs given how fast Tesla has been raising prices to curb demand. Once the supply chain eases I expect they will bring prices back closer to original pricing so depending when you ordered, I could see resale value dropping faster for some.

I'm actually concerned about the resale value of all the new Xs given how fast Tesla has been raising prices to curb demand. Once the supply chain eases I expect they will bring prices back closer to original pricing so depending when you ordered, I could see resale value dropping faster for some.
I don’t think that will happen for some time. By the time X demand slows, they will build up some inventory and have some demo vehicles. Even then cars will fly off the lots. Hertz will probably want some S/X as demand for electric rentals grows and they need to service the premium segment.

At some point they could introduce the standard range X back into the lineup to keep the LR prices proped up and generate additional demand at a lower price point — which would probably slot back in nicely at 125k.

The one catch is interest rates — at some point that could stall sales and they might have to offer a discounted rate through their preferred banks.

Last edited:

I don’t want the plaid because I don’t trust those motorized 6 seats and as another potential thing to go wrong I rather avoid if I can. Plus I like the idea of the folding flat of my 7 seater order.

The math only makes sense if I am forced to pay the luxury tax and if Tesla can get me a plaid at my current rate. If the plaid will mean I need to reapply for financing at the 6.1% advertised rate then it makes no sense then.