Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done this and if so, did it change what is considered your order date as that would have a big impact on luxury tax for anyone who ordered prior to 2022.
One person reported changing it and the order date didn’t change on the pdf. I’d probably be less inclined to change it until Sept once we get some deliveries where changes might have been made.

One person reported a change a color a while back and their date did update, so it might depend who changes it (you vs order support).

Another unless data point.. got a call last week asking if I’d go for a plaid S to avoid the luxury tax. I questioned the order date and the latest bill, he didn’t have any direction from hq on any of that, they just know Sept is the implementation timeframe. Hopefully someone at Tesla legal doesn’t just stick us with the tax even if we should be exempt 🤣. I prefer Oct/Nov than Sept for that reason alone. But would like July/Aug 🤓.

Last edited:
One person reported changing it and the order date didn’t change on the pdf. I’d probably be less inclined to change it until Sept once we get some deliveries where changes might have been made.

One person reported a change a color a while back and their date did update, so it might depend who changes it (you vs order support).

Another unless data point.. got a call last week asking if I’d go for a plaid S to avoid the luxury tax. I questioned the order date and the latest bill, he didn’t have any direction from hq on any of that, they just know Sept is the implementation timeframe. Hopefully someone at Tesla legal doesn’t just stick us with the tax even if we should be exempt 🤣. I prefer Oct/Nov than Sept for that reason alone. But would like July/Aug 🤓.
Thanks. Will probably just leave as is then as not worth the risk until there is a guarantee.

Has anyone done this and if so, did it change what is considered your order date as that would have a big impact on luxury tax for anyone who ordered prior to 2022.
Yes, I had to do that myself. The folks at ordersupport told me a couple of times that I should now have the edit link. But it never showed up. Finally I received an email from the famous “Jorge” advising that my requested changes had been made. I was clear with my original request, that I did not want changes made if it flipped to a different price schedule. The copy of the modified MVPA I got back had a current date on it, but the pricing was all based upon my original order date

Yes, I had to do that myself. The folks at ordersupport told me a couple of times that I should now have the edit link. But it never showed up. Finally I received an email from the famous “Jorge” advising that my requested changes had been made. I was clear with my original request, that I did not want changes made if it flipped to a different price schedule. The copy of the modified MVPA I got back had a current date on it, but the pricing was all based upon my original order date

When you view the Order Agreement from your reservation, what date is on that agreement?

Screenshot_20220703-133708.png

When you view the Order Agreement from your reservation, what date is on that agreement?

View attachment 824363
The most recent is dated May 18, 2022. I also have one with an earlier date, July 2, 2021. My original order date was Jun 16, 2021
I took delivery of the vehicle on June 20, 2022, about a month after I made the change (I changed the exterior and interior colors).

The most recent is dated May 18, 2022. I also have one with an earlier date, July 2, 2021. My original order date was Jun 16, 2021
I took delivery of the vehicle on June 20, 2022, about a month after I made the change (I changed the exterior and interior colors).
Lines up with the earlier post, seems the safest change would probably be to switch to plaid at old pricing and maybe get the car sooner.

Lines up with the earlier post, seems the safest change would probably be to switch to plaid at old pricing and maybe get the car sooner.
Maybe. It depends on whether you can tolerate a Plaid. I can not, mainly because the interior options are all Carbon Fiber, which I hate. Also the badge on the rear looks really cheap (again IMO). The badge can be removed easily, but there is no cure for interior. No Plaid for me.

Maybe. It depends on whether you can tolerate a Plaid. I can not, mainly because the interior options are all Carbon Fiber, which I hate. Also the badge on the rear looks really cheap (again IMO). The badge can be removed easily, but there is no cure for interior. No Plaid for me.
For me it's the price increase for the Plaid as it's about $35K more so I'm just going to wait for LR. Not worth risking the luxury tax to switch from black to white seats either.

Reactions: ChrisOtt
Are you saying it is possible to switch from a long range to a plaid and get it for the price it was listed for when you originally made your order? In my case that was $159,990
You would get the X Plaid price that it was at time of your LR order but it's not $159,900 but $167,100 because Plaid became available only as 6 seats & only those who had ordered a 5 or 7 seat plaid already didn't need to pay for the 6 seat markup.

Are you saying it is possible to switch from a long range to a plaid and get it for the price it was listed for when you originally made your order? In my case that was $159,990
Based on people in the US doing so in the main thread and Canadian orders being open to changes with original pricing, it seems so — but worth emailing ordersupport@ to confirm if your thinking to try. Keep in mind the price dif Dr Gez posted above.