Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thoughts on this - found a 22 X for sale from a car dealer which is listed at today's pricing. But they are giving me a very good trade in offer to the point where getting the X through them would cost me only $4K more than getting my X reservation from Tesla once you factor in all taxes, etc. The Tesla trade-in offer on the same vehicle was a massive lowball offer where I would not trade it in with Tesla and would need to sell private & not get the trade in tax savings since their trade in offer was so incredibly bad. The longer my current X is delayed, the less I may get for my vehicle selling private. Do I do this deal for the X despite paying the markup costs?

Thoughts on this - found a 22 X for sale from a car dealer which is listed at today's pricing. But they are giving me a very good trade in offer to the point where getting the X through them would cost me only $4K more than getting my X reservation from Tesla once you factor in all taxes, etc. The Tesla trade-in offer on the same vehicle was a massive lowball offer where I would not trade it in with Tesla and would need to sell private & not get the trade in tax savings since their trade in offer was so incredibly bad. The longer my current X is delayed, the less I may get for my vehicle selling private. Do I do this deal for the X despite paying the markup costs?
Was the Tesla trade in offer recent?

Yes it was just in last 45 days. Even my SA was taken aback by how low it was and escalated for me and was told that they just use a formula and do not adjust offers. It was the second time in a year that Tesla had a really bad lowball offer on a Tesla.
Terrible! Nervous for my trade in now..haven’t gotten a price yet as SA says wait for VIN. You could easily get 4K back by flipping your model X in order.

Terrible! Nervous for my trade in now..haven’t gotten a price yet as SA says wait for VIN. You could easily get 4K back by flipping your model X in order.

Depends what you're trading in. I think they just use Kelly Blue Book or some equivalent and there is no realistic assessment. I find that current model year offers are lowball offers whereas offers for 2018-2020 models can be solid.

the quote I got for my current X a year ago was about $30k less than market rate. I too decided to go private because I don’t want to throw that money away

@Dr Gez did your EDD date change back from October to something more recent yet?
Nope I'm still October 30-January 8 ☹️
I guess the one benefit is that it should be a 2023 VIN which in theory should help it hold it's value longer.

I went to Tesla Yorkdale today after leaving the apple store and they told me they have no idea why my edd got pushed back 5 months and his system now shows a soft match for early November(whatever that means). I did ask for him to put on my file I will take any model X that becomes available before now and then. He said he would put it on my file but many others have asked for the same thing. So he doesn’t see it making much of a difference. So I am now mentally preparing to add a larger down payment and financing at 7%-8% come Q4.