Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my vehicle yesterday. Overall great experience - spent an hour looking over everything with the handy checklist and was impressed in how far the build quality has come. Only a few concerns I noted
1) FWD needs minor adjustments, seem to be off a few mm
2) I missed this but when I brought to get wrapped with PPF the installer pointed out a small paint imperfection on a pillar what would require to be corrected
3) the rear bumper seems to be a very slight different shade of white than body. I’ve been looking over and over and not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me because I’ve seen other people comment on this issue for white model x deliveries or if it really is something that needs to fixed

Overall love the car - hopefully Tesla can fix these issues and it will make a good experience great. It’s like a totally different vehicle from the 2016 model I had.

Picked up my vehicle yesterday. Overall great experience - spent an hour looking over everything with the handy checklist and was impressed in how far the build quality has come. Only a few concerns I noted
1) FWD needs minor adjustments, seem to be off a few mm
2) I missed this but when I brought to get wrapped with PPF the installer pointed out a small paint imperfection on a pillar what would require to be corrected
3) the rear bumper seems to be a very slight different shade of white than body. I’ve been looking over and over and not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me because I’ve seen other people comment on this issue for white model x deliveries or if it really is something that needs to fixed

Overall love the car - hopefully Tesla can fix these issues and it will make a good experience great. It’s like a totally different vehicle from the 2016 model I had.
From what I read online the paint colour difference with the body and the bumper is because the bumper is all plastic. So the paint gives off a different hue. I don’t have my car yet so I can’t verify if that is truly the case though.

From what I read online the paint colour difference with the body and the bumper is because the bumper is all plastic. So the paint gives off a different hue. I don’t have my car yet so I can’t verify if that is truly the case though.
I have had 2 white Tesla and for each the rear bumper was off color than the rest. This is common for Tesla and almost white car by any manufacturer. My first white Tesla it was very noticeable in all types light whereas my other Tesla it was really only noticeable in overcast type conditions. Both were considered within spec by Tesla. The first white Tesla I sold within 8 months as the mismatch bothered me too much but with the other it was subtle enough that I had no issue with it.

Reactions: cipherstream
Love the X!! Took delivery in Richmond BC, on Saturday.
came home on sunday, but before i let the highway chip it up before the PPF job (this wednesday)
Local wrap shop gave me some of the product they use.
looked like the mummy driving at 120km\h or maybe its a new tesla spy car. haha
loved it. I did notice some creaking\ticking when the battery was "preparing" for supercharging while driving.
could have been some of the tape too.

IMG_2269.jpg

I got an email today with delivery info and requirements as well as a walk through of the process. From my understanding the whole thing will be contactless. I am suppose to walk in let them know I am there. Then go outside. The car will unlock. My keys and documents are in the car for me to sign. A delivery agent will call me and walk me through what I need to sign. The email said they hope to get me in and out within 15 minutes. Is that a normally how the S & X are delivered. I was told that it would be a more personal delivery experience.

Those who already received it. Was this how yours went?

The good thing about it is that I can arrive earlier. Take a look at my car externally before I let them know I arrived. It also allows me to check the interior out before the delivery rep calls my phone.

I got an email today with delivery info and requirements as well as a walk through of the process. From my understanding the whole thing will be contactless. I am suppose to walk in let them know I am there. Then go outside. The car will unlock. My keys and documents are in the car for me to sign. A delivery agent will call me and walk me through what I need to sign. The email said they hope to get me in and out within 15 minutes. Is that a normally how the S & X are delivered. I was told that it would be a more personal delivery experience.

Those who already received it. Was this how yours went?

The good thing about it is that I can arrive earlier. Take a look at my car externally before I let them know I arrived. It also allows me to check the interior out before the delivery rep calls my phone.
Just take your time. They tried to rush me on my 3 delivery so I asked them to print me copies of the documents before signing 😅

• Funny
Reactions: SamGr
Just take your time. They tried to rush me on my 3 delivery so I asked them to print me copies of the documents before signing 😅
Yeah it felt rushed, i didn't get copies, or orientation just "here is your key, go find your car". all was well and all the documents were under my tesla account.
had to tell them 5x not to install the front license plate bracket, then had to sign off on that request, then still I had to stop the tech from doing it.
take your time, they are not rushing you to leave the lot, the weekend is delivery day so they are backed up is all.

I would take a breath and if there is a free charger there top up the tank, then go for a walk or grab a snack from a near store and come back.
re-approach the car and look it over. underneath the car there were mark's . an S delivery looked way worse and 2inch x 1/2 inch rectangular impact marks and scuffs. They tesla tech said that was normal.

driving it after a couple hours home i starting hearing some clicks or creaks that were not constant with road \ body movement.
I thought it might be the battery preconditioning for my supercharger destination.
reading more it was more likely the Air Conditioner draining since it was going non-stop as it was 34c out.

I love how you can pre-condition the car to a cool setting when you get in. you unlock and music greets you etc..
i love this car. feels like when i got my first truck. you want to explore and just drive!
finding the free power spots in town via plug share has been fun too. took kids for takeout and found a park, plugged in and 45 min later had 40km of range for free (would have been 20$ fuel in the truck)

The rear storage with the removable bench thingy actually came in handy last night loading groceries.
I was able to create 2 levels of storage with it.
The Dog Mode is great for kids\dog when running into beer store, however there is no Caraoke mode, so don't waste time looking.
the Games are also great. made for good bonding time haha.

Today I train the wife on it, she's been sick yes covid. She can finally leave the house so yay.
I really like how when backing the car up or in tight spots the car will resist movement so you really have to commit to the movement.
no rolling or accidental bumps.

i love this car.

WATCH OUT FOR the rims. I have not, but these rims are easy to curb. roadlines\backup lines are dead on. no room for error.
I parked near a curb and the kids were playing Buggy game. The wheels DO move with the game so I was 1/4 inch from having rims trashed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay8 and SamGr