Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, just warning to other owners picking up their cars: my pickup was at 11am but I got in my car around 12:20pm. It isn’t a seamless in and out within 15 mins experience that I was reading here. I took the X straight to the shop for ppf and ceramic. He pointed out that when they scrub it or clean it, they usually tend to scratch certain areas or leave some sort of residues. Pictures attached of how the dealership left the condition of the car in at pickup. Other than just this paint issue, I didn’t really see any other issues. Car seems well built. The wing doors function much better than prior years. Yoke is perfect. Auto pilot is amazing. Sound system is disappointing; I wonder if there is after market solutions? Overall, lovely car.

And I saw a gray and white X without plates on the lot outside. IMO after seeing the new X in every Color there, I think the best exterior on the X is gray paired with the white or cream interior.

6 seater looks so good! And so convenient/effective for the purpose.

Hoping the rest of the crowd here gets their X soon!

Attachments

• 8E916EE4-9BD0-4ADC-B4B5-9AFF77A3122A.jpeg
    8E916EE4-9BD0-4ADC-B4B5-9AFF77A3122A.jpeg
    612.6 KB · Views: 83
Hi All, just warning to other owners picking up their cars: my pickup was at 11am but I got in my car around 12:20pm. It isn’t a seamless in and out within 15 mins experience that I was reading here. I took the X straight to the shop for ppf and ceramic. He pointed out that when they scrub it or clean it, they usually tend to scratch certain areas or leave some sort of residues. Pictures attached of how the dealership left the condition of the car in at pickup. Other than just this paint issue, I didn’t really see any other issues. Car seems well built. The wing doors function much better than prior years. Yoke is perfect. Auto pilot is amazing. Sound system is disappointing; I wonder if there is after market solutions? Overall, lovely car.

And I saw a gray and white X without plates on the lot outside. IMO after seeing the new X in every Color there, I think the best exterior on the X is gray paired with the white or cream interior.

6 seater looks so good! And so convenient/effective for the purpose.

Hoping the rest of the crowd here gets their X soon!
What software version was your car on at delivery?

Yes I did get the FSD from factory
I assume when I pick up in Saturday I will be on same software version so it's going to be a while until we get into FSD beta as currently beta 10.12 is on the 2022.12.X stream & the early releases of beta 10.13 are on the 2022.16.x stream so the current software version delivered on the X is already ahead by being on 2022.20.x so we will need to wait for beta to catch up. It may be a couple months given the recent pace of beta updates.

That was just the button to request FSD beta to get into the queue. Do you see safety score in your app?
That button was on the very top to opt into FSD. The one the rep made me activate was in the middle of the screen. It was an active function but was still in beta. I wish I remember what it was exactly, everything at pickup is such a blur because it was rushed.

That button was on the very top to opt into FSD. The one the rep made me activate was in the middle of the screen. It was an active function but was still in beta. I wish I remember what it was exactly, everything at pickup is such a blur because it was rushed.
That is the first step of getting beta. You must opt into the queue. Then you need to maintain a high safety score (recently 90+ scores get in) and drive over 100 miles on Autosteer before becoming eligible. Then, you need to maintain your score until you get in - which can be weeks to months. Given the software version is ahead of the current beta branch, it could be a few months. For instance the current beta version (10.12.2) has been out for 2 months now and is 2 software versions behind what your X is on and the next beta version (10.13 which keeps getting delayed) is going to be 1 software version behind your X. If there is another 2 month delay between version updates, then it could be a couple months until you get into beta.

Picked up my Model X today. Couple of issues but no show stoppers.

1. Some paint damage on the front and rear bumpers that they will need to fix
2. Passenger side FWD kick plate dented.
3. 3rd seat base heavily wrinkled and will be replaced.

Otherwise all good!

Reactions: ChrisOtt
While I was in Vaughn I saw my car. The fwd were aligned perfectly on both sides. The only things that stood out was trunk wasn’t aligned properly. It has some occasional panel gaps as well. they also left the passenger side window partially open during the rain and the whole passenger side of the interior was noticeably wet. Hopefully when they take it inside to get it prepped for delivery they adjust what they can.

I seen a model y beside mine with a rock chip in the windshield that has highlighted for repair by the transport team. So I was glad I didn’t see anything like that on my car.
3CF8B51F-F26C-4CC9-AA06-F79EDA13BE92.jpeg
A7B4173C-A2C9-4EEB-8926-9BEEE4CDCE6F.jpeg

My delivery window just got pushed from July 17 - August 3, to Dec 2022 - march 2023.

I text my service rep and they told me it got pushed for production reasons, to keep an eye on the window it should be updated within the end of the month.

Whatever that means.
My window just moved back to July 28 (today) - August 1st.

No VIN yet, no VIN in the page source code either. No news from the delivery folks.

Wait and see.

Oh if it was Vaughn you might of been in luck because the rep told me they have quite a few model X that are not assigned to customers yet that hasn’t been posted for sale. I asked because I was looking what the price difference would of been for me to switch to one of the many plaids they had that had no assigned customer. ($47,000) maybe your car is still in transit but doesn’t explain why nothing appears in the source code.