Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just booked my pickup in Oakville for this Saturday! I'm excited but also surprised as I wasn't expecting it this soon.

I placed my LR order in March 2022. My EDD was Dec 2022-Mar 2023 up until June, then from Jul-Nov the EDD switched around with dates later in 2023. As of November the dates started creeping back, and two days ago it switched to December 30 - February 10. I got a text from the Sherway Gardens location saying they have an MX in the showroom to sit in and I could test drive the MS to experience the yoke. So I booked a time and went in today. Was great to sit in the MX and try the yoke on the MS. As I was leaving I casually mentioned my recent EDD change and if they're starting to get through the queue of orders. She said she'd look up on her computer to see if any MX's in Oakville were available that matched my specs. While doing that she also mentioned if I was flexible with the specs she could connect me with another one that was available. After a couple minutes she found one with my specs and matched me with it. I got an immediate text and email saying that my car would be available this Saturday.

Totally unexpected. Reading this thread all year one gets jaded with delivery dates and I wasn't expecting my MX until later in 2023, but it seems like they're actually catching up on orders and they have MX's sitting on the lot in Oakville waiting to be paired.

My VIN is 373xxx.

Last edited:
Just booked my pickup in Oakville for this Saturday! I'm excited but also surprised as I wasn't expecting it this soon.

I placed my LR order in March 2022. My EDD was Dec 2022-Mar 2023 up until June, then from Jul-Nov the EDD switched around with dates later in 2023. As of November the dates started creeping back, and two days ago it switched to December 30 - February 10. I got a text from the Sherway Gardens location saying they have an MX in the showroom to sit in and I could test drive the MS to experience the yoke. So I booked a time and went in today. Was great to sit in the MX and try the yoke on the MS. As I was leaving I casually mentioned my recent EDD change and if they're starting to get through the queue of orders. She said she'd look up on her computer to see if any MX's in Oakville were available that matched my specs. While doing that she also mentioned if I was flexible with the specs she could connect me with another one that was available. After a couple minutes she found one with my specs and matched me with it. I got an immediate text and email saying that my car would be available this Saturday.

Totally unexpected. Reading this thread all year one gets jaded with delivery dates and I wasn't expecting my MX until later in 2023, but it seems like they're actually catching up on orders and they have MX's sitting on the lot in Oakville waiting to be paired.

My VIN is 373xxx.
That is fantastic. Congratulations! If I may, just inspect it very carefully as it may be a car that someone else rejected….. It does indeed sound like they are getting through their backlog very quickly at this stage. Wonder if they have had a lot of cancellations in the recent past.

Good morning everyone,

With so many of us getting delivery in the next month or so, I wanted to get to get thoughts on whether to buy EAP or FSD and why or why not.

I currently have selected EAP but am considering removing it based on other posts that I have read.

I am also hoping that Tesla introduce FSD subscriptions to Canada so that I can just use it during the months that I travel.

What are other people planning to do?

That is fantastic. Congratulations! If I may, just inspect it very carefully as it may be a car that someone else rejected….. It does indeed sound like they are getting through their backlog very quickly at this stage. Wonder if they have had a lot of cancellations in the recent past.
Good point. I was thinking that may be the case so will definitely inspect it thoroughly.

Good morning everyone,

With so many of us getting delivery in the next month or so, I wanted to get to get thoughts on whether to buy EAP or FSD and why or why not.

I currently have selected EAP but am considering removing it based on other posts that I have read.

I am also hoping that Tesla introduce FSD subscriptions to Canada so that I can just use it during the months that I travel.

I cancelled my FSD a month or two ago. Didn’t feel it was worth the price. Monthly subscription would be a better fit for me as well so if that ever comes to Canada I’d make use of that as needed.

Reactions: ChrisOtt
Good morning everyone,

I have FSD on my 3, but won't be purchasing it for the X. Not worth it at all, IMO.

My VIN is 373xxx.
Wow so happy for you, same time I feel Tesla is very inconsistent with their delivery. I had booked mine late September and still waiting. I have heard Oakville location has much better customer service and better inventory options. Good luck on delivery day

Reactions: Jay8
will they try to re-match you to a new vin? Curious what city so we can watch for the rejected delivery being re-assigned
They said options are
1) accept delivery now, everything will be fixed on warranty - loaner car will be offered
2) they will fix everything before accepting delivery - though this will create a “service history” for the car, which means resale value will be lowered - the car will have a price adjustment probably around 1-2% of the total cost (not worth it in my opinion
3) reject delivery and wait for a second car.
I picked option 3. Doesn’t feel right when you’re paying close to 200k for a car that you’ve waited for for a year then get it fixed and doors reinstalled before I even get it.

Reactions: Jay8
Oh no, that's a bummer when you have to reject the delivery after such a long wait. Did they tell you what's the next step? Did they offer to fix the problems or just going to assign you a new VIN? I wonder what they do when a customer rejects the delivery, wondering if they just try to pass it on to the next customer to see if they could get away with it somehow.
Yeah they said either accept and they’ll fix, fix first then accept or reject out right. Ultimately I decided to wait for a new car.

Good morning everyone,

When I ordered I got fsd when it was for 9000 I think, I’m not sure if it’s worth it but it is definitely not worth 20k at this point in time.

Reactions: TrevTremaine