Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceled my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobCB

Dec 1, 2019
Chicago
I canceled my order today.

To y’all who ordered since Nov, you’ve moved up a space in line. You’re welcome.

Tesla is on a roll and that is great to see — wonderful for the environment. Thank you Elon, for your vision and determination.

Tesla doesn’t need me and is telling me loud and clear. The latest is switching my order to those ugly (to me) dark wheels. I would never drive a vehicle with wheels like that.

I currently have rear cross traffic alert, Apple Car Play, mirror-mounted blind spot warning lights, Sirius, and a reminder when I leave my phone in the car. I have read on the forum the bitter laments from those missing these features. I know I would be one of the lamenters.

Yes, I have read the “helpful" work-arounds. No, I don’t want to back into my parking space. I buy a hatchback/SUV to load up lots of stuff at the likes of Costco and Home Depot. Backing in makes no sense. No, I don’t want to fiddle with my phone or squint at a small screen for Waze or my music.

Also, I want my next vehicle to have a heated steering wheel (had it and miss it) and a 360 top view camera system (test drove it).

I’ve been driving an Audi PHEV for a couple of years and getting 90% all-electric miles with my driving pattern. I’ll wait to get the other 10% as competition creates offerings better matched to my particular, personal preferences.

So we can be very sad about all of the things we are missing out on, change our minds and all go buy an Audi.
not bloody likely LOL. though will say i wasn't crazy about the switch to the 20 inch induction wheels because of possible decreased ride quality and increased vulnerability to tire damage. but as for them being black, i will see how i like them because my original intent with the 19" sport wheels i had ordered, was going to be to plasti-dip them to some sort of antique gold or bronze.

To y’all who ordered since Nov, you’ve moved up a space in line. You’re welcome.

Tesla is on a roll and that is great to see — wonderful for the environment. Thank you Elon, for your vision and determination.

Tesla doesn’t need me and is telling me loud and clear. The latest is switching my order to those ugly (to me) dark wheels. I would never drive a vehicle with wheels like that.

I currently have rear cross traffic alert, Apple Car Play, mirror-mounted blind spot warning lights, Sirius, and a reminder when I leave my phone in the car. I have read on the forum the bitter laments from those missing these features. I know I would be one of the lamenters.

Yes, I have read the “helpful" work-arounds. No, I don’t want to back into my parking space. I buy a hatchback/SUV to load up lots of stuff at the likes of Costco and Home Depot. Backing in makes no sense. No, I don’t want to fiddle with my phone or squint at a small screen for Waze or my music.

Also, I want my next vehicle to have a heated steering wheel (had it and miss it) and a 360 top view camera system (test drove it).

I’ve been driving an Audi PHEV for a couple of years and getting 90% all-electric miles with my driving pattern. I’ll wait to get the other 10% as competition creates offerings better matched to my particular, personal preferences.

Best of luck to you. You want what you want! For, supporting Tesla goes well beyond the car but the company itself. I agree that competition is good for Tesla and Tesla needs to step up their game in the fit and finish category (if they haven't pivoted already), but which other manufacturer is going to have a Supercharger network available now? I understand the desire for a heated steering wheel in the Windy City, but I'm not sure if this would change my entire choice of car and manufacturer. But, details matter.

For the cost and considering how far Tesla is ahead of the game, along with the Supercharger network, I see a Tesla purchase as a no-brainer. Plus, look at that stock price! This company is gonna be around a while. Things will improve and change from a company who seems far more responsive to customer feedback than almost any other car manufacturer in history.

Never been one to care too much about how a vehicle looks; it has always been about how it goes. As far as making my decision on what a wheel may end up looking like that is just plain ridiculous to me; especial when they have not even approached anyone yet and no one knows the options that are available to them. Appears, if they ever had an order in, they want to be greener and help in the fight on climate change but only if the wheels look good. I do understand that for some it is important what you drive; for some more than what you live in. Sounds more like Audi marketing than someone that ever thought about buying the car. Thank you for your first post have no idea how many will jump on board with your reasoning. I to what double the maintenance with both gas and electric crammed into one; sound like a winner and true future proofing.

Reactions: preilly44 and Tiger

Funny, I love those new wheels. I have both a Model Y and a Polestar 2 on order and could go either way, so we’ll see. All I know is I want electric.

he probably never experienced wallet being bleed by $80 on gas every week. nor stuck in traffic over an hour daily. if he did, he would appreciate what a Tesla can do for him. or he is just one of trolls that need some attentions.

Rant kind of just put together all the little things others have mentioned.

Car is not perfect, and does not have every little gadget that some other car may have.

Designed to be a step towards FSD and non polluting personal transportation.

Sometimes getting all hung up on the little things can make you totally miss the big picture.

Audi is a very complicated car, with its own stack of problems. So many things to go wrong...in a very expensive way.

Company liked about its "clean diesels" like all the other Germans.

Reactions: KerryOH
As someone who has leased an ev from a traditional car company, I give you these problems I've experienced:
1. DC fast charging stopped working after 6 months. There's only 1 technician at my local dealership certified to work with ev. After checking it, he said since there's no DC fast charger at their dealership, can't replicate problem. I sat on this problem for 6 months spending hours on the phone, until finally the car happened to have a recall that fixed it.
2. Price. The msrp of this hyundai is the same as a model 3. Why???
3. Range. Nobody beats tesla
4. OTA, or lack thereof. Sometimes screen stops connecting to Android auto, have to unplug and plug back in. Since no firmware updates, just gotta live with it.
5. Sleazy salesmen. The lease deal I got was not what was advertised. Salesman tried to tack on extra fees which were not part of the deal.

As someone who has leased an ev from a traditional car company, I give you these problems I've experienced:
1. DC fast charging stopped working after 6 months. There's only 1 technician at my local dealership certified to work with ev. After checking it, he said since there's no DC fast charger at their dealership, can't replicate problem. I sat on this problem for 6 months spending hours on the phone, until finally the car happened to have a recall that fixed it.
2. Price. The msrp of this hyundai is the same as a model 3. Why???
3. Range. Nobody beats tesla
4. OTA, or lack thereof. Sometimes screen stops connecting to Android auto, have to unplug and plug back in. Since no firmware updates, just gotta live with it.
5. Sleazy salesmen. The lease deal I got was not what was advertised. Salesman tried to tack on extra fees which were not part of the deal.

I also have this issue with my Leaf:
"4. OTA, or lack thereof. Sometimes screen stops connecting to Android auto, have to unplug and plug back in. Since no firmware updates, just gotta live with it. "

As my phone/carrier is not on the approved combination list (it's a google phone and google fi service Google Fi ). Thus the dealer are not even going to look at it. Thus I would have to swap carriers and phones for them to look at the issue.

For me I have to shut the car down for 2+ minutes before it will reconnect.

-Jason

cool-story-bro-4.jpg