Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceled my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it goes without saying you’ll have maintenance fees for the life of the GLB vehicle. I wasn’t necessarily comparing the GLE versus the model y because it is clearly smaller than the benz, but that’s what the wife wanted. Again she thought the model 3 was small like a civic we had some years ago. After she rode in a friends M3, she was pleasantly surprised at how roomy it was. When you add the fact the the MY is 10%, fully loaded with Full-Driving CPU added and bigger wheels for a cost of the GLE, minus maintenance fees, she was sold.

Is the GLB about the same size as the Y?

I wonder if GLBs are sold with maintenance /warranty packages for a true apples to apples comparison. I do love the no maintenance costs aspect of my 3, but there are other costs that will come up further down the road once the car is out of warranty (like the S had with broken handles etc)

I wonder if GLBs are sold with maintenance /warranty packages for a true apples to apples comparison. I do love the no maintenance costs aspect of my 3, but there are other costs that will come up further down the road once the car is out of warranty (like the S had with broken handles etc)
i have sat in a GLB. it has a lot of room because it's boxy. as for maintenance, yes you can pre-pay maintenance with MB. at least i did, it made about a $15 per month difference in my lease, if that helps. i liked the glb a lot but ruled it out when i found that it would cost as much as my e-class to lease one with all the equipment i would have wanted.

and then tesla announced early deliveries on the Y, and the rest is history

i have sat in a GLB. it has a lot of room because it's boxy. as for maintenance, yes you can pre-pay maintenance with MB. at least i did, it made about a $15 per month difference in my lease, if that helps. i liked the glb a lot but ruled it out when i found that it would cost as much as my e-class to lease one with all the equipment i would have wanted.

and then tesla announced early deliveries on the Y, and the rest is history

yeah it's going to be a tough choice for my wife since she's not sold on the EV and high tech yet... Now if Lexus came up with a 3 row PHEV...

yeah it's going to be a tough choice for my wife since she's not sold on the EV and high tech yet... Now if Lexus came up with a 3 row PHEV...
my wife has range anxiety. but she also has a 2018 subaru forester, so if we had some issue like that, we could always take her car. i drive a mile and a half each way to work and i'm a tech geek. i think the companies have stopped really putting much investment into hybrids and plug-ins. they were always intermediate steps to full electric vehicles, tesla is still just 5 years ahead.

I’ve read that the MY is about the size of the BMW X3 or the Audi Q5 and maybe the GLC. I think the inevitability of any vehicle breaking, is something we can’t control obviously, but with ICEs, that will happen more frequently, especially with all the moving parts, German at that (compared to Honda/toyotas cheaper to repair). MBUSA does offer maintenance packages and you can pick I believe up to 4 years of scheduled maintenance along with a mileage cap.

i have the amg package on mine too, which is wheels, lowered suspension, and some body bits. the actual AMG full versions are over 100 for both vehicles. don't get me wrong, mine is the exact car they used to promote the e-class sedan, it's gorgeous, quick, and gets 36 MPG on the highway. but their fully loaded prices are too much for me.
Me too, me too. The MY for our budget fits right in, and it’s a tesla that my wife is happy with, although she’s always said she wanted a Model S, and if she couldn’t have that she didn’t want a little car lol. Needless to say, after our friend got their M3, and she rode in it, she was satisfied with the MY being 10% larger lol. Women smh

Reactions: Aarons12
I might cancel too since I reserved a RWD Model Y. I’ve had my reservation since last August so I really don’t want to but Tesla might not give me a choice. They don’t even say RWD is scheduled for 2021 like the standard range or third row configs so I doubt we’ll see it any time soon.

I’ve read that the MY is about the size of the BMW X3 or the Audi Q5 and maybe the GLC. I think the inevitability of any vehicle breaking, is something we can’t control obviously, but with ICEs, that will happen more frequently, especially with all the moving parts, German at that (compared to Honda/toyotas cheaper to repair). MBUSA does offer maintenance packages and you can pick I believe up to 4 years of scheduled maintenance along with a mileage cap.

It is similar in size to a GLC and will have a significantly roomier interior. My second car is a leased GLC350e (I drive a P3D+) and the PHEV technology is not there yet. The car’s drive system is extremely sensitive and has had issues twice in 9 months (the first was completely out of the blue and the second is related to a minor accident.) The MB has excellent interior fit and finish, but we will be switching to a Y when the lease is up.

Reactions: t8ness