Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceling my reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also don't believe the Model X uses the latest battery cell design, so I would expect a refresh of that model to bring even greater range. That vehicle is now (or nearly) in its 3rd year of production. This is in comparison to the Jaguar, which they might start eeking out next year.

I had been interested in the Ioniq. When I lost interest, I stopped reading the forum, and turned away .... sparing other all my reason, that most could care less about.
When people cancel their reservation for whatever reason, some forum members will add that person to their "ignore" list for whatever reason. Not that I would recommend that or ever do that.

• Informative
Reactions: kablammyman
From one look at the OP's profile pic I absolutely know the vehicle for him, and it's definitely not the Model 3.

Bollinger Motors

Funny you should link this. I gave serious consideration to doing an EV conversion on my Power Ram 50. I planned on leaving the drive train intact, transfer case and all. But, I got married and moved to the suburbs, leaving my 980 sf garage behind.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Funny you should link this. I gave serious consideration to doing an EV conversion on my Power Ram 50. I planned on leaving the drive train intact, transfer case and all. But, I got married and moved to the suburbs, leaving my 980 sf garage behind.
do it! Im doing it to my integra. Slowly gathering parts and info...it should be a really fun to drive car when done. You just gotta do some wrenching in the drive way!

Batteries and battery factory. Competitors need to make enough batteries to fill these cars that will supposedly outsell Tesla. Unless they have their own battery gigafactory pumping out 20 to 30 GWh of batteries then it ain't gonna happen.

Not true. There are a number of gigafactories being built by battery manufacturers. Even Tesla has Panasonics equipment in it's gigafactory building the batteries. Battery supply will not be a problem.

Not true. There are a number of gigafactories being built by battery manufacturers. Even Tesla has Panasonics equipment in it's gigafactory building the batteries. Battery supply will not be a problem.

We'll agree to disagree. IMO it's taken Tesla four years to get their factory up and running. LG, Samsung, and other manufacturers can't just double their production overnight. It takes time. The point being if the Chevy Bolt suddenly had demand of 500,000 cars a year, GM and LG couldn't cover that demand even if they wanted to. That is why that most new EVs showcased by the major manufacturers have a 2020 release date.

We'll agree to disagree. IMO it's taken Tesla four years to get their factory up and running. LG, Samsung, and other manufacturers can't just double their production overnight. It takes time. The point being if the Chevy Bolt suddenly had demand of 500,000 cars a year, GM and LG couldn't cover that demand even if they wanted to. That is why that most new EVs showcased by the major manufacturers have a 2020 release date.

I would disagree on the 2020 date being due to battery issues. I believe that date is so those companies can do proper testing and assemble streamlining/ cost control so they don't repeat the Tesla mistake of a too aggressive product launch.

For the batteries it is happening already.

10 Battery Gigafactories Are Now in the Works. And Elon Musk May Add 4 More

I would disagree on the 2020 date being due to battery issues. I believe that date is so those companies can do proper testing and assemble streamlining/ cost control so they don't repeat the Tesla mistake of a too aggressive product launch.

For the batteries it is happening already.

10 Battery Gigafactories Are Now in the Works. And Elon Musk May Add 4 More

Building the factories does not build the batteries. My original point still holds true. Once those factories are built and running then you get the battery packs to put in the vehicles. So they are still a few years away from having access to lots of battery packs.