Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancellation Refund Check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any recent experience returning a car after taking delivery? How long did it take to get a refund check?

The car was rejected because it had numerous issues. We are trying to buy another Tesla (which is a separate but equally exasperating story), but it's now been just about 8 weeks since the previous car was returned. Is this typical?

I have had a very difficult time even getting in touch with anyone from customer service. The people on the support chat have very limited access to any info. Emails go ignored. Can't get anyone on the phone. I'm frustrated.

It's not good news but to be honest, Tesla is in kill mode right. Producing and delivering 1000 cars daily.

Refunding past purchases are a distraction to that objective.

Not that Tesla won't do it eventually - its just not their priority. They had the former CFO handing out car keys and stuff at the end of 2018.

Anyone have any recent experience returning a car after taking delivery? How long did it take to get a refund check?

The car was rejected because it had numerous issues. We are trying to buy another Tesla (which is a separate but equally exasperating story), but it's now been just about 8 weeks since the previous car was returned. Is this typical?

I have had a very difficult time even getting in touch with anyone from customer service. The people on the support chat have very limited access to any info. Emails go ignored. Can't get anyone on the phone. I'm frustrated.
Why do you bother?
With this many a complaint about their communications, they do not deserve your / our business!

Why do you bother?
With this many a complaint about their communications, they do not deserve your / our business!

Because the cars are miles better than anything out there, at least in this price range. I don't disagree with you, though, and one day one of the more established car companies will likely develop an EV that's at least in the same ballpark as Tesla. And Tesla better have their stuff together by then because otherwise I will absolutely be willing to sacrifice a little bit on the car if it comes with a better overall service experience.

This is something Tesla will definitely need to fix.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and 3Sweet
Because the cars are miles better than anything out there, at least in this price range. I don't disagree with you, though, and one day one of the more established car companies will likely develop an EV that's at least in the same ballpark as Tesla. And Tesla better have their stuff together by then because otherwise I will absolutely be willing to sacrifice a little bit on the car if it comes with a better overall service experience.

It reminds me of a Merc dealer here in town who wouldn't negotiate. B/C there's tons of buyers in that area for that price point.

Or if not one of the established companies, one of the Chinese EV startups will start exporting to the US and provide better customer service. That would also cause people to flee Tesla's customer disservice.