Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cancelling the resevation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, totally legal, unless you are a member of a protected class, AND they used that as reason to ban you. Having said that, I have never heard of Tesla banning someone over selling one car.
Hang around here long enough and you’ll see a few stories. One guy sold his Y after a few months of ownership and ordered the 7 seater, because he needed more seating capacity. After waiting months for his new order, Tesla finally cancelled on him once he reached his EDD, since they believed he was a flipper. He’s now blacklisted despite ordering for a legit reason. Happened a few months ago. Post below.

Get this one guys 🤦🏽‍♂️
Some decision called Loss prevention cancelled our 7pass Y order because we originally had a 2021 5 pass Y with white seats from adept 2021 and sold it to a dealer by Nov so we could switch to our 7 pass/blk interior.
They said something like ‘you were found to make profit on the resell and according to our MVPA, you cannot order in bad faith or for resell purposes’. Whaaat?

We had our Y for abt 2 months before we realized it wasn’t the trim level we needed so we ended up selling to a 3rd party dealer rather than having multiple buyers coming into our car during Covid. What they offered us on resale was quite shocking but we took it as we needed to make the change.

So now 1 week into delivery of our 7 pass MY…Tesla pulls this ?!
This is unacceptable. We don’t flip cars and we only wanted to upgrade from 5 to 7 and change white to /black int due to kids soccer and constant dirt. This Y is supposed to be our final family SUV.

I’m emailed resolutions but this is ridiculous. We didn’t order the 7 pass for selling it…just to replace the 5 pass. What a mess.