Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot Locate Replacement Tires!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all -- been driving my Model 3 now for a bit over a year and a half now. Have probably put 14k miles on the car when I found a bubble in on of the existing stock tires on my Tesla. The tire bubble is on the upper right hand side of the car (opposite the driver's seat) and the bubble is protruding between the tread and the rip (facing outwards).

Given all the research I've done it seems that the tire is damaged internally (my guess is a NYC pothole) and will require immediate replacement. The tires i need to replace are the: 235/40R-19 CONTINENTAL PROCONTACT RX T1 TESLA, CONTISILENT XL

The problem should be easy enough to fix... except that there is a massive backorder list for the tire. I called Tire rack back on Oct 22nd to place an order and today I was told that they would not know the date on which it could be shipped! The closest guess they had was ~2 months away! I was so surprised since I haven't ever seen a supply shortage the way we have now. Does anyone have suggestions for where to source this specific tire?

In the meanwhile the car is still driveable, but should I be driving given the bubble?