Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot tell car when to start charging after update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mlong5905

A man who does not exist
Nov 24, 2020
Chicago
Apparently the setting does not work? Glitch?

The toggle and setting is there however does not function. Apparently now you can only set a departure time however however that doesn’t help me with time of use electric rates. Anyone else see this problem?

1F30F720-CF59-416C-B40E-05ACC8736ED5.jpeg

The one thing you should be able to do on a side topic is set your charge start time and also have a departure time.
At this point when trying to set departure time it says the car charges at off peak times however when you plug in, it starts charging right away. No idea how the car knows your off peak charging rates with your electric supplier.

The only thing it is doing in this mode seems to be having ready and warm at your departure time and nothing to do with
your time of use charge rates.

One should be able to set both.
I want to have my car start charging at 12 am when rates are cheapest AND I want to depart for work at 6am.

Mine missed a charge after the update. I found the setting for charge start time was reverted to off and set to 1:00AM. I then rebooted (did both shutdown and also 2 button reboot). This morning I checked and the car still didn't charge. Any ideas?

Mine missed a charge after the update. I found the setting for charge start time was reverted to off and set to 1:00AM. I then rebooted (did both shutdown and also 2 button reboot). This morning I checked and the car still didn't charge. Any ideas?
Try setting for a time and plug in to see if it happens again.
Just try it now and put start time for 9:30 am and see if it works.

Try setting for a time and plug in to see if it happens again.
Just try it now and put start time for 9:30 am and see if it works.

Thanks. Possibility that when I rebooted after setting start time, it may have reset the setting. It did say on-screen that charge will start at 1:00AM when I plugged in after reboot. I redid the setting again to 1:00AM to see if it changes anything. I just returned from supercharger, so cannot test it right now with current time.

Thanks. Possibility that when I rebooted after setting start time, it may have reset the setting. It did say on-screen that charge will start at 1:00AM when I plugged in after reboot. I redid the setting again to 1:00AM to see if it changes anything. I just returned from supercharger, so cannot test it right now with current time.

I read on another thread here that scheduled charging changes may have interfered with a persons settings. My own scheduled charging is set to 3am, and was not impacted by this, but I would recommend removing all scheduled charging from the car, shutting down (power off) let it sit for at least 10 minutes, then powering on and setting your scheduled charging time back up again.