Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't enter Tesla M3 or start up.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla Model 3 won't start up, can't exit the house. The doors were able to open at first. But saw a blank screen and nothing turned on, no AC, no music. Then the door auto button wouldn't work, so had to use the manuel door handle to get out. Once I got out, now the door is locked and it won't respond to the Tesla App. Car is completely dead.

Have no idea what to do. Thankfully its at home and not out in the public. But I need to leave the house!

It was at 76% last night. I only changed the thing to start charge at 8am, for the best kwh hour rate by SoCal Edison. Now it won't turn on, won't let me in.
Same exact problem here. Completely shutdown. Dead. Nothing works. The logical culprit is a dead 12 Volt Battery. However, Tesla won't exchange the battery on site and is asking that the car be towed to a Tesla Service Center. They don't believe it's the 12 Volt Battery because there were no prior warnings about the 12 Volt Battery becoming weak. How did your problem get resolved? Or is this a current situation like mine?

So Tesla Model 3 won't start up, can't exit the house. The doors were able to open at first. But saw a blank screen and nothing turned on, no AC, no music. Then the door auto button wouldn't work, so had to use the manuel door handle to get out. Once I got out, now the door is locked and it won't respond to the Tesla App. Car is completely dead.

Have no idea what to do. Thankfully its at home and not out in the public. But I need to leave the house!

It was at 76% last night. I only changed the thing to start charge at 8am, for the best kwh hour rate by SoCal Edison. Now it won't turn on, won't let me in.
I see this happened a while ago. How did this get resolved? What ended up being the problem?

Same exact problem here. Completely shutdown. Dead. Nothing works. The logical culprit is a dead 12 Volt Battery. However, Tesla won't exchange the battery on site and is asking that the car be towed to a Tesla Service Center. They don't believe it's the 12 Volt Battery because there were no prior warnings about the 12 Volt Battery becoming weak. How did your problem get resolved? Or is this a current situation like mine?
Did they tell you there was no prior warnings by pulling the log, so just based on you telling them you did not see any warning? Because when my 12v died, I did not get any warning. But after they pulled the logs from the car at the service center, the service tech told me a warning was issued at 3am and by 6am the car was dead and that's why I never saw the warning. They said the warning supposed to come a few weeks before total shutdown, but that's not always the case. The timing varies and if/when you get one, you need to change out the 12V ASAP.