Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get a quote for Tesla S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@pjuk contact details for the Direct Line "Tesla Team" are here: Insure My Tesla - Motor Vehicle Insurance

Do you know about disabling Passive Entry? It should be off by default thanks to a software update but if you're not aware of this particular security risk then read up on it as car theft in your area / SE England has been an issue (albeit a solvable one).

Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm fully aware of the issues of passive entry and currently hide my key in a metal tin well away from the front door. I've actually tried to open my car door whilst the keys are in the tin right next to the car door and they don't open which is also reassuring, but the ability to disable passive entry is a bonus - although the convenience of being able to open doors whilst dragging screaming kids and carrying shopping without having to fish for the car keys has always been a godsend.

Reactions: cezdoc
Wow. Just shaved over £700 off my quote!

From a previous best of £1,097 using various comparison sites and other insurers, Ive just tried Direct Line Tesla insurance and its £364.

Fantastic information - just how many times can you mark a post helpful??!

Reactions: cizUK and cezdoc
Wow. Just shaved over £700 off my quote!

From a previous best of £1,097 using various comparison sites and other insurers, Ive just tried Direct Line Tesla insurance and its £364.

Fantastic information - just how many times can you mark a post helpful??!

Did you phone up and ask for a quote? Also what is your ASL (without sounding creepy!)? I remember paying over £500 for a P-reg Nissan micra in Central London about 10 years ago :mad:

Wow - just checked mine as I never really gave it a thought. Age 40, 15 years no claims, not in a dodgy area - £1097.

Will contact Direct Line as we have their select insurance for home, so will ask them about adding multi car and seeing what they can do.

I'm 47, 10years no claims. Direct Line renewal was £757 and I've just switched to Hastings Direct for £534. Model S 90D.

40, Male, Derbyshire postcode. 11 years+ no claims.

Just did it online, hopefully it will be a similar price when I actually take delivery of the car. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Then you still have a bit more to save if you have AP active on the car. Just phone them when you are ready to proceed as you only get the AP discount that way...