Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get Homelink to work properly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a LiftMaster garage door opener and I thought I was able to program it because it said I did, but while it recognizes when I approach the garage and when I leave it, the door doesn't open and close, and I have those two options checked in my Homelink settings. So two questions:
1) Any suggestions on how to get it to work, and
2) Can I use Homelink "manually" to open and close the garage door without having to use my old visor-clip-on garage door opener?

I have a lift master as well and have successfully programmed homelink on my car and 5 or 6 loaner S's.

The key is when you "learn" to put the opener inside the frunk and once the lights activate to confirm don't skip the last step. You need to press the purple button on the liftmaster opener itself and then allow the car to verify functionality.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tam
I programmed both my Liftmaster doors. One was easy, the other took some work (had the same issue as you) but eventually took. Without knowing more about your setup, it's hard to say what might be going wrong. There's lots of good videos that show all the steps for specific garage door models. Make sure your garage hasn't reached its learning limit. If it has, you may have to reset it to get things working.

Yes, you can use homelink to manually open the garage and replace the remote.