Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get into Tesla app or web site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
App stopped working a couple of days ago, on my phone and wife's phone, would not wake up the car. Exited out of app and tried to log back in, I get 'unknown error'. I can access loot box or settings page but nothing else.

When I try to log into tesla web site using my account info I get "too many redirects" error.

Anyone have a suggestion?

If it's not an issue on Tesla's side it may be an issue with the internet you are connecting to. Does the same happen on other devices/browsers and internet (like home/work or mobile data)?

For the app you can try logging out, turning off the app in the background in the OS (usually with a swipe in recent apps), clearing data/cache or uninstalling it, rebooting your phone, and reinstalling.

For the site, you can try clearing cookies and cache for it on your browser (and making sure you are going directly there, not from a link on google, which can sometimes cause similar issues). Clearing the DNS cache on your computer and rebooting the router sometimes may solve issues too with sites in general.

If none of that solves it, I would contact Tesla through the support page either using chat or by phone to make sure it isn't an issue with your account.

If you do a search however, sometimes Tesla has short outages that creates similar issues, which usually shows as a spike in down detector:
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/e2lfaj/tesla_app_connection_issues_unknown_error/
Tesla.com down? Current problems and outages | Downdetector

Both are working for me however without issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
App stopped working a couple of days ago, on my phone and wife's phone, would not wake up the car. Exited out of app and tried to log back in, I get 'unknown error'. I can access loot box or settings page but nothing else.

When I try to log into tesla web site using my account info I get "too many redirects" error.

Anyone have a suggestion?
I know I have witnessed Public Network Congestion on the Tesla Server Side. Unfortunately, this just a result of overwhelming traffic a certain times of the day. Considering how massive the Tesla Network actually is, the Tesla performance is incredibly good. I know this information does not fix your issue, its just the nature of the beast. Just lime watching Netflix and you get a " Buffering Message".