Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to log into Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unable to log into the Tesla app (4.19.0-1639) on my phone. App starts and gives me the sign-in information, fill in the details and then it goes back to the sign-in screen. No errors.

username and password work on web app (tesla.com) both on phone and computer. Phone has been restarted multiple times.

Thoughts?

Do you have any sort of VPN software running on your phone? If so, try ensuring that you are not using it, or consider uninstalling it for testing. Are you using a personal network to log in (not a wifi network at your place of employment, for example)? If so consider turning off wifi for further testing.

Since the car does not appear to be new for you, what has changed since it worked?

Thanks all. Like a plummeting test pilot, I tried A, I tried B...

Disabled Mobile Data, no luck.
Disable WiFi, success.

It's now working and I have to resetup my phone key.

FWIW, I cant use the tesla app at my place of employment while my phone is on the corporate wifi connection thats internal to the company. Its not only the tesla app either, its any sort of devices like that, like my nest thermostat, my home security cameras, etc. I have to either put myself on the guest network, or turn off wifi.

If you control the wifi connection you were connected to, you might want to look into why it didnt work on wifi. It works on normal wifi just not wifi that may have QOS or ports closed, etc. If its company wifi, just chalk it up to the company managing the connection, then turn off wifi when you want to use it.

Do you have any sort of VPN software running on your phone? If so, try ensuring that you are not using it, or consider uninstalling it for testing. Are you using a personal network to log in (not a wifi network at your place of employment, for example)? If so consider turning off wifi for further testing.

Since the car does not appear to be new for you, what has changed since it worked?
Good afternoon. I had the same issues suddenly not being able to access our MY via the app. I’ve ALWAYS had a VPN so I’m not sure why it suddenly caused an issue. But I turned it off and I was finally able to log back in to the app. Thank you!!

Unable to log into the Tesla app (4.19.0-1639) on my phone. App starts and gives me the sign-in information, fill in the details and then it goes back to the sign-in screen. No errors.

username and password work on web app (tesla.com) both on phone and computer. Phone has been restarted multiple times.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
All of a sudden my Tesla app (4.20.69) which has been working flawlessly for over 2 years started acting weird. After trying all the rational fixes, I deleted then reloaded the app in my iPhone. It would not let me sign in. After another long set of attempted fixes, found the problem to be my PIA VPN app! Turned it OFF, Tesla app worked as expected.