Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't make 3 day delivery window on MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for suggestions ... Tesla assigned me a VIN for my new MY, I paid for the vehicle, and uploaded insurance info. After that, I was assigned 3 delivery dates, but I cannot make any of them (on business travel). Tesla says if I can't make any of those 3 dates (which I can't), I forfeit the vehicle and have to get in line for the next available MY with the correct configuration (8 weeks?). I asked Tesla to wait a few days until I return from travels, and I will come by to take delivery of the vehicle. I received a big 'NO'. Am I over reacting to this horrific customer service? Considering how positive my first two buying experiences with Tesla went, this seems like a horrible way to treat a loyal customer.

Sounds about right and "by the book". I emailed some actual people at the DC my car went to and they were more amenable/flexible based on my conditions. Are you being told no by the DC in email or via text (that could be any number of people across the country that couldn't care less about your situation or could even be a bot response). I experience the whole spectrum, but once I was in contact via email with a real human at my DC, they would chime in and correct the bot or random other person sending misinformation via text.

Good luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220823-203413_Message+.jpg
    Screenshot_20220823-203413_Message+.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 124