Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't set falcon door default height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

!igs

Mar 29, 2022
CA
The owners manual says:

When Model X detects a low ceiling (for example, in a garage), it opens the falcon wing doors (and trunk) to a lower height, even if no obstacle is detected. You can override this height and open the doors higher by touching the associated door icon on the touchscreen (Controls). The touchscreen displays a message asking you if you always want to open the doors to the higher height at this location, and saves your choice. The next time you open the falcon wing doors at this location, Model X opens them to the height you saved.

However, I never get the message asking to always open to the higher height at this location???

Reactions: Meagain
The owners manual says:

When Model X detects a low ceiling (for example, in a garage), it opens the falcon wing doors (and trunk) to a lower height, even if no obstacle is detected. You can override this height and open the doors higher by touching the associated door icon on the touchscreen (Controls). The touchscreen displays a message asking you if you always want to open the doors to the higher height at this location, and saves your choice. The next time you open the falcon wing doors at this location, Model X opens them to the height you saved.

However, I never get the message asking to always open to the higher height at this location???
I had to futz around a bit with mine. My garage is basically 14 feet tall (12 foot high door), so there was nothing above, to trip the height sensor. My doors stopped due to side obstruction. So I had to partially lower the door, then roll the car until the top sensor was directly under the door edge to get “the always open fully at this location” prompt. It has been fine since I <finally> got it set.

The owners manual says:

Do you have HW4? I have the same issue, never prompted to always open to higher height. I assumed it was the same issue as why the front doors don’t fully open on HW4 X’s (software not fully working yet with the newer cars).

Reactions: Meagain
Do you have HW4? I have the same issue, never prompted to always open to higher height. I assumed it was the same issue as why the front doors don’t fully open on HW4 X’s (software not fully working yet with the newer cars).
Yes HW4. I assume the falcon doors still have ultrasonic sensors needed to work.