Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set Falcon door to custom height?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found where i can set the height to “auto” or “low”. Is there a way to set it to a custom height (e.g. 90% of fully open)? I ask because my passenger side FWD top seal is starting to rub (just in the rear) when fully open and I don’t want it to get worse and damage the seal.

I know a door adjustment is called for but the process appears a bit daunting and I’d like to research my options. In the meantime a short term fix would be to stop the door just short of where it begins to rub against the seal.

I found where i can set the height to “auto” or “low”. Is there a way to set it to a custom height (e.g. 90% of fully open)? I ask because my passenger side FWD top seal is starting to rub (just in the rear) when fully open and I don’t want it to get worse and damage the seal.

I know a door adjustment is called for but the process appears a bit daunting and I’d like to research my options. In the meantime a short term fix would be to stop the door just short of where it begins to rub against the seal.
The only door you can set a custom open height, is the rear hatch.

That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks. I guess I’ll have to figure out if I’m willing to tackle the adjustment myself or see if the service center will do it. Has anyone had them do this? If so, what did it cost?
I had the same problem on my ‘22 and service mostly fixed it. It was still touching but not nearly as much. I noticed new cars on the lot with the same problem- I could see the dust line on the top glass.

I don’t own the X anymore, but I thought you could adjust the opening height with the button on the door jam and then tell it to remember at that location with the touchscreen- maybe I’m remembering wrong.