Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't Supercharge :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my 2014 Model S 85kw won't supercharge anymore. Tesla service center says it needs High Voltage junction box and a new charger assembly installed. This comes at a cost of $5,260 or so. It still charges fine on A/C home charger. Have any of you seen this problem? Screen say "unable to DC/Fast charge and error code BMS_U011.
Any help or advice on this would be appreciated. I don't have a lot of trust in this particular service center because of past issues but it is the only one close to me.

You have 2 different charging boards, the AC/DC board (for AC 120V or 240V charging) and the DC/DC board that handles all the supercharging. It sounds like your DC/DC charging board is bad and needs replacing.

Are you in Florida? I think there is an Electrified Garage there. Might be worth a call to them to see if they can do the job at a lower cost.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Upvote 0
You have 2 different charging boards, the AC/DC board (for AC 120V or 240V charging) and the DC/DC board that handles all the supercharging. It sounds like your DC/DC charging board is bad and needs replacing.

Are you in Florida? I think there is an Electrified Garage there. Might be worth a call to them to see if they can do the job at a lower cost.
Thanks I will give that a try

Upvote 0
Any resolution on this? I can't charge my 2016 Model S at a super charger as a result.
My 70D is at Tesla right now for a new Gen2 Charger. That should fix the supercharging

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221124_021232.jpg
    Screenshot_20221124_021232.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 193
Upvote 0