Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car alarm triggers when trunk is opened

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my S last week so I'm still learning her moods and habits. :)

This morning I opened the trunk with fob. The doors were still locked and I think sentry mode was off, SW is version 2019.16.3.2. When the trunk got open the car alarm triggered. Then I hastyly unlocked with the fob and the alarm stopped. Obviously this is not wanted behaviour, should I approach her a bit more carefully in the mornings from now on? :)

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
Firstly, congratulations and welcome to the clan!

I reported this behaviour to my local Service Centre back in March.
They have done some testing and have been able to replicate the issue. They informed me that it looks like the alarm remains armed when the trunk is opened. This is obviously wrong.
They have submitted it to be corrected. Seeing as you are on 2019.16.3.2, they clearly have not fixed it yet.
I have no doubt that it will be fixed but don't hold your breath for when....

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
I usually open the trunk first.
Never had that issue, not now, with 2019.16.2
However; my tenants Tesla is sometimes "scared" into sounding the alarm only, by me pressing the button on the handle of the connector to open charge port of my car. (He's already connected)
No turn signals, no lights, nor does he get notified of an alarm by the app, he's car will just sound the alarm for a while.

It happend again today. Pretty annoying show early in the morning. o_O Perhaps I should unlock doors before opening the trunk?

At least I tried to report that on My Tesla. Let's see if they'll get back to me re this.

I got my S last week so I'm still learning her moods and habits. :)

This morning I opened the trunk with fob. The doors were still locked and I think sentry mode was off, SW is version 2019.16.3.2. When the trunk got open the car alarm triggered. Then I hastyly unlocked with the fob and the alarm stopped. Obviously this is not wanted behaviour, should I approach her a bit more carefully in the mornings from now on? :)

Stumbled across this thread because I have the same issue: the alarm is triggered when I open the trunk with the keyfob.

Has this been fixed in your case?