Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X alarm issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some help, my wife has just gone out to drive her Model X, she unlocked the car as normal, opened the boot, put something in and the alarm started going off.
She then got in the car, entered the pin and still it was going off.
It would sound for around 10 seconds or so, then stop for 2 or 3 seconds and then start again.
She started to drive away but it was still going off.
The car is now parked up and locked, the alarm stopped sounding around a few seconds after it was locked but starts again if it is unlocked.

Any idea what the cause is and the solution.

I'd try opening and closing the boot a few times in case the sensor there has gone funny.

Coincidentally I used my Qashqai yesterday to go shopping (need to use it regularly to keep battery etc functional) and on way home the alarms started but at least it showed the boot as open. It was latched but only on one of the two latches. A quick stop in a lay-by and slam it home solved things.

Reactions: Jerryjal
Our alarm didn’t go off once unlocked, but it did when locked and later got door open warnings when driving.

Unlikely to be same issue, but for others stumbling on this thread with similar issue, it was caused by door trying to be opened in a freeze but never opened properly due to window not dropping on a couple of doors.

Next morning, after cabin being heated, one stuck door popped open causing alarm to go off.

Initial parts of next drive, another door did the same, causing a door open warning. Pulled over and made sure door was properly shut.

Reactions: Jerryjal