Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car arriving too soon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the purest, most distilled definition of a first world problem so I really apologize to those who have been waiting eons for their car.

Ordered Sunday - expected that we were buying an option to get the car delivered before 12/31, and had 0 expectation of car arriving before December. Email yesterday cheerily lets me know my car is slated for 11/14 delivery (although "it could be delayed"). ARGH - we were barely past the "hey does this make sense" stage. Our current car, which we want to trade in, is getting an annual service on 11/19 including vehicle inspection which will probably boost its value. We don't know if we can get wall power to our parking spot for less than $3k (our cutoff).

My question - what are my options? My sales guy is being helpful and trying to move things around, so he's in my corner, but has anyone managed to push delivery without losing their place in line. If we could take delivery 11/25 we would have everything lined up. I am just scared that declining delivery could push me past 12/31.

In Boston, ordering LR AWD in Midnight Silver.

Have posted elsewhere about this so won't bore you, but I live in a top unit in a brownstone in Boston. Home charging is mandatory for spouse, but also very challenging due to my location.

Not buyer's regret - we thought we were buying an option, didn't expect it to be exercised so quickly, so we are more stressed than we anticipated. Nothing bad, and the owner satisfaction is really reassuring.

The sooner I get the car the better....the mental gymnastics is too much.... I pulled out on an X last minute and gave up the deposit.

Until this is in my driveway it’s not a done deal, but I’ll know by end of day tmw. Good luck on your decision,