Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car boot and frunk was open and windows slightly down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I purchased a Tesla Model 3 Performance 2019 only 3 days ago. Yesterday I parked up in a public car park, and when I returned to the car I noticed that both frunk and boot were open, and also the windows were ever so slightly down. I remember I had locked the car before leaving. My app is not activated yet as Tesla havent confirmed my ownership yet (documents sent waiting for Tesla to activate the app). I am only wondering if previous owner may have done it as the transfer of ownership is not done yet and they still have access to it from the app? I am confused how it happened. I also noticed software wasnt updated so I did that as soon as I got home (now running on latest software). Anyone else experienced this recently?

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I purchased a Tesla Model 3 Performance 2019 only 3 days ago. Yesterday I parked up in a public car park, and when I returned to the car I noticed that both frunk and boot were open, and also the windows were ever so slightly down. I remember I had locked the car before leaving. My app is not activated yet as Tesla havent confirmed my ownership yet (documents sent waiting for Tesla to activate the app). I am only wondering if previous owner may have done it as the transfer of ownership is not done yet and they still have access to it from the app? I am confused how it happened. I also noticed software wasnt updated so I did that as soon as I got home (now running on latest software). Anyone else experienced this recently?
Until transfer is done, the owner still has access. After transfer is done they will lose access. Supposedly after Tesla processes the paperwork, an email is sent to the owner and they must confirm the transfer.

thanks for the replies. I believe the previous owner is trying to be funny and messing with my car while their app is still active.
Tesla replied that I need to send the V5 document picture in order to do the transfer of ownership, for those in the UK can you let me know how long it takes for V5 to arrive as I cant get the app activated/get the transfer done unless I send them a picture of it.