Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Frunk automatic opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I've noticed a few of these frunk 'kits' online but have ready varying reviews on 'ease of installation' and questionable build quality, etc.
Keen to hear from folks who have bought/installed one (and whether it was from an Australian distributor or o/s?).
Does it work with the existing tesla app (to open the frunk) and then touching it would close it or is there another app I have to use for that function?
Tx... R.

20240315_180901007_iOS.jpg

I installed one 2 years ago and had to revert to stock. The power closer failed as it leaked water even though the mfg stated ip65 rating. I do not recommend.

There are so, so many horror stories out there of these things malfunctioning; a lot of them fail, and (best case) your frunk is stuck closed, or (worst case I saw) the frunk flies open while driving.

I would love to have a power frunk -- probably the feature I want most other than cooled seats -- but after doing a ton of research I am not risking it with these third party add-ons.