Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Care, exterior and interior and PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DDE32C7C-6B70-4DDB-BCDE-2ADFE69F970F.jpeg

Ok it’s been seven months, and I’ve learned how I want to maintain the car (~7,000 miles). Warm weather helps!

First, XPEL Ultimate fully wrapped for rocks, gravel and exterior maintenance. Yes, it’s pricy. But it’s such an improvement, especially on a Tesla with scratch-able paint and no front grill. And it cleans up so well!

These are the new-to-me products I like.
CA4D10D7-ADED-4171-BF69-9CBAF38E66FE.jpeg

Griots Garage Interior Cleaner for black vegan leather, Invisible Glass for all the glass, Eagle One Wipe and Shine Detailer for exterior spot cleaning, Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR) for all season hand washing, Ceramic Boost for gloss and hydrophobic exterior on top of the XPEL film. And lots of microfiber towels ( >300 gsm ). One set of Costco towels for washing and drying, another better set from XPEL for Ceramic Boost and polishing.

AF8C2F60-10B7-449C-85C2-6D777FDCB503.jpeg

The car washes up in less than an hour with nitrile gloves and one bucket of ONR. First, rinse it with hose at home or self-use pressure car wash staying far from the car in a truck bay. Use a second dry bucket for used towels. I go thru about twenty towels per wash. It took about ten towels for the Ceramic Boost, one “wet” to thinly spread the ceramic solution and nine quartered to immediately dry.

Fun fact with spray can of Invisible Glass you can control where the cleaner goes inside the car, and the spray bottle of Invisible Glass for the exterior. And there’s a tool from Invisible Glass to reach the hard-to-reach spots. I just wrap a towel on it and easily clean the glass corners and the glass roof.

Yeah, there are microfiber towels in the frunk, rear subtrunk and console for rapid access. If I could just break the driver of scuffing the door on egress I’d use less interior cleaner. (;-)

Now to consider tire cleaners... but that may be an obsession too far...