Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car charged to 100 %

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke up in the middle of the night (old, needed to pee) and randomly looked at the Tesla app on my phone to see the car was at 100%. Went for a quick sprint in the hills.

That was probably more than a year ago, though. What version of software are you running on each of your Tesla products?

So, NIMH or LiFePO? If it’s the latter, no cause for concern.

So many posts on this point! For example:

Even for LFP charging to 100% is never good for the battery - because in the end it is still a Lithium ion battery. Tesla only recommends charging to 100% because the BMS only accurately predicts SOC and therefore range, when the voltage is maximum.

So it seem the recommendation is to charge to 100% at least once a week and use something less, say 80% (or lower) for all other days.

i have my car set to charge 57% from grid.. and then upto 82 % from excess solar well just got a message my car charged to 100% from solar.. guess its time to go drive it
Installed the newest update last Tuesday. I have my model y set to charge to 80% but Wednesday morning my car was charged to 90%. My car has charged normally since. Maybe a software glitch for both?