Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle not charging even when below 'any source' threshold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have solar + 2 PW's with my S. My Charge by Solar is set to 75% (any method) and 85% with excess solar.

Normally in the daytime, I see solar charging the Powerwalls first before sending any excess to the car (car is usually at 75% already, so the excess pushes it up to 85%).

However, when I'm on a low charge (57%), I want it to charge from the grid. Shouldn't it be charging from grid first until it hits 75%, regardless if Powerwalls are full or not? And then charge from 75% -> 85% only if there is excess?

Right now it's just waiting on the Powerwall to get full even though I want to charge it up from the grid right now.

1716222295314.png
1716222405518.png

I have solar + 2 PW's with my S. My Charge by Solar is set to 75% (any method) and 85% with excess solar.

Normally in the daytime, I see solar charging the Powerwalls first before sending any excess to the car (car is usually at 75% already, so the excess pushes it up to 85%).

However, when I'm on a low charge (57%), I want it to charge from the grid. Shouldn't it be charging from grid first until it hits 75%, regardless if Powerwalls are full or not? And then charge from 75% -> 85% only if there is excess?

Right now it's just waiting on the Powerwall to get full even though I want to charge it up from the grid right now.

View attachment 1048816View attachment 1048817
It will only start charging at 12:00am as it appears you have a schedule set. It won't charge from any source if it's not at the schedule start time.