Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car constantly wakes up in Jack Mode...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of two updates ago (I'm now on 48.12.1) the car wakes up from sleep in jack mode... Is anyone else seeing this? I'm getting tired of having to remember to take it out every time I get in and my wife is just about done with it all together... The car should never put itself in jack mode. Ever. I've filed bug complaints every morning for this from the car and was hoping 48.12.1 would fix it but nope...

Jeff

More info here: Uninitiated Jack Mode

However, once you start driving more than a few MPH, doesn't jack mode turn off? At least that's how it used to function...

When I had my Model S, I had to put it in jack mode to keep the suspension at absolute maximum height when parking in my garage. If it lowered even a little, it would scrap the bottom when pulling out. That was my work around to force it to stay. Sometimes I'd forget to turn it off after leaving, but it'd be turned off when I'd lower it back. I didn't use the GPS to remember to raise it because I had to pull up on the incline and then initiate very heigh + jack mode after it raised.

I was getting something similar last summer. Turned out my back right air suspension pump/gizmo was inoperative. Wasn't a good situation as it turned out I was driving around with the front two tires and back left on whatever I'd set the suspension to, and the back right stuck on hi. So I wore out the back tires unevenly.

Take it straight in to a Service Center, they'll get it sorted out for you if it's a problem similar to the one that I had.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Yes! This is occurring all the time for me. Took it into service and asked them to check, they stated it is a known firmware bug and there is nothing they can do about it now.

Especially irritating when I forget to take it out of Jack mode and the car scrapes against my driveway on the way out. Occasionally when in jack mode it seems the car looses air and the suspension actually drops, thus causing the lovely grind of the battery pack sheild against the ground when pulling out of my driveway (I have a very steep incline driveway).

Attached is the note from service. Been annoying me since V9 and seems to be getting worse.

Attachments

• 501BCC9C-C6D8-4059-9728-018B38169B44.jpeg
    501BCC9C-C6D8-4059-9728-018B38169B44.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Informative
Reactions: IdaX
The same thing is happening to our new mx75d. I have no choice but to drive it out of the garage in jack mode. It wont let me change the settings until after I have to drive it over the driveway curb. About 1/2 way down the block it'll let me raise the suspension to the point it otherwise won't scrape.

The same thing is happening to our new mx75d. I have no choice but to drive it out of the garage in jack mode. It wont let me change the settings until after I have to drive it over the driveway curb. About 1/2 way down the block it'll let me raise the suspension to the point it otherwise won't scrape.

In case you have not tried, Usually if I put the car into Drive, then back in park it will let me take it out of Jack mode. May be worth a shot next time if it is Greyed out on you.

In case you have not tried, Usually if I put the car into Drive, then back in park it will let me take it out of Jack mode. May be worth a shot next time if it is Greyed out on you.
Ok, I'll try that.
I've noticed the holiday (Christmas) song n dance no longer plays either. It'll play the first two notes, then just shuts off. Granted this doesn't affect the functionality of the car but it generates interest in Tesla ... except for when you go to show it off and it doesn't work ... :(

Thanks for the insight.
If the work around functions, I'll post my experience.

G&B

Tried shifting in and out of drive as well as reverse. several times. Jack mode stayed illuminated and everything else was grayed out. However, I pushed the "jack" mode button and it turned off and illuminated all the other options.
Not sure what combination of drive, park, reverse, park and button pushing finally worked. Apparently, at some point the Jack mode button becomes active and it can be de-selected.

the holiday/xmas mode still doesn't work. The music starts playing ... then SLOOOOWS to a complete stop. If it wasn't so frustrating, it's actually classically funny. Double clicking the FOB seems to unfreeze the car and return it to a closed and locked position.

G&B
Zen*ish
2018 x75D