Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car delivered, still not linked to app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my LR RWD Model 3 two weeks ago, and the app still shows I have no products linked. MyTesla page shows 'Prepare for delivery'. Don't know if it matters, but I had home delivery.

Multiple calls into the service line, and multiple emails have been fruitless. Did have a quick conversation with a service tech, and he mentioned that there were several owners having the sames issues.

I am the only one?

Other than that, one hellava car!

I had this problem when I picked up my MS last year, the sales rep had to contact Tesla in California to let them know I had picked up the car and to allow me to connect to it, once he called it worked within a few minutes. I think it is something they are supposed to do right away once you take the car, but they get side tracked easily. Still the best car I have ever purchased.

The same thing happened to me:

During delivery they linked the car to my account. I looked for it in the app but still could not see it. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it and then it worked (I first tried logging out and then back in but that did not seem to be enough). After driving away, a few hours later, the car disappeared from the app again. I called and they told me it showed as not delivered in some back-end system and therefore it would not show up in the app. They marked it as delivered and then it appeared the next day.

Mine showed up 10 mins before our pickup appointment, worked all day, then disappeared from the app entirely for a week. Had to hassle Tesla a few times and eventually they got it right. I probably should have pushed harder; using the keycard is a royal pain in the ass, but it's been fine ever since they added it back.

I had the same issue. The local sales center forgot to mark the car delivered. You have to force the customer service # to call the local shop. Fixed the issue almost immediately
I think this is the root of the issue. My car was delivered to Colorado, then shipped to New Mexico. I think the Colorado location neglected to mark the car as delivered. Anyway, my car finally appeared over the weekend! App works perfectly, no more hassle with the key card! Thanks for all the suggestions!

In my case, the 3 was in the app when the car was delivered to my house. Then 3 days later, I got a message on my phone that the car had been removed from my account. Some googling led me to believe the initial account was just temporary and a wait was needed while Tesla did some 'paperwork'. During this time, my account was showing that the car was yet to be delivered.

After about 4 more days, my account was showing the normal delivered material and the 3 was available on my phone.