Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car forgets setting to voice or mute navigation instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note)

Your post was split off from the thread you posted in, into a new one, because "software" questions about features are not relevant from 2018 to versions of software installed now. I also moved it to the model Y subforum since you are asking about a model y.

Note that I just realized that I moved it to model X by mistake. Already reported it so a mod for this subforum can move to model Y subforum, as I dont have permissions to move anything from here.

Why does my MY forget the setting which I chose, and change to "mute" turn by turn directions?
If you are changing the volume, using the scroll wheel, while the navigation is speaking, sometimes you can lower it all the way so that it is muted.

Tripped me up a couple times while music was playing as well....since you can adjust the music volume and the navigation voice volume separately.

If you want to adjust it on screen, just hit the "gear" icon in the navigation and adjust the navigation volume.

The issue I have had with two 2020 and a 2022 Model 3 is that about 70% of the time when I initiate Navigation, the voice is muted and I have to go through the gear selection routine. And with the hated new UI update, there is a third step.
The question is, "WHY is the system muting the voice commands?".
I would settle for a voice command from me to unmute it, but I've not discovered that.

Reactions: CapsEngineer