Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car immediately went into a super deep sleep this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This afternoon I logged onto TeslaFi and noticed my car was in an "offline" status, and had been since about 5 minutes after I arrived at work around 6AM. When it came time to go home, my car took a long time to boot up, just like you would see after leaving your car untouched for an extended period. Even after the car powered up and the MCU booted, the LTE and Bluetooth modems did not establish connectivity, which I noticed about 10 minutes into my ride. I don't glance at my screen much while driving and only noticed because eventually I realized no music was playing.
I did the two button reset while driving, and even after that the wireless modems still did not come online, at least not right away. About 5 minutes later, my music started playing again and traffic info was available on the map.

I've only heard of Teslas going into such a state after sitting idle for several days, not within 5 minutes of getting to a destination. Has something similar ever happened to anyone here?

So, I translate this into one or more CPUs had gotten themselves locked up, not asleep, probably confused or as is often the case, too dang busy chasing its tail. When you powered up the car, some of the watchdogs kicked in and started rebooting things. It can take a little time for things to settle down and it is common that the external communications is the lowest animal on the totem pole and is only enable once everything thing else is stable.