TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car Needs Service... Please pull over

Discussion in 'Model S' started by derekt75, Jan 23, 2013.

1. derekt75

derekt75 Member

I floored it out of a red light last night going up a hill. Traction control had to engage a bit. All of a sudden, around 40 mph, the car says that I need to pull over because it needs service. Instead of pulling 320 kW, I was suddenly pulling more like 30 kW, (not enough to get me up the hill at 40 mph). I move to the right lane, and move into the shoulder while all the cars from the light are passing me. After 15 seconds or so, the warning goes away, and the car is like normal again.

Any thoughts?

2. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Model S P85DL

Probably some sensor quirk/software bug. You should report it to Tesla maybe they can pull the logs.

3. tom66

tom66 Member

Type "-A" battery?
    Did you get a "clunk" from the rear?

4. GDH

GDH Banned

HA!

5. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

Happened to me once just after a long drive to Santa Barbara 1.5 months ago. Went away in 15 min. Tesla went over the car a day later, never found a problem. Has never happened again. Fortunately mind happened when it was parked.