Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not locked when in Reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up the car this week and one thing we noticed is when the car is in Reverse, none of the doors are actually Locked.

We wanted to make sure the doors were locked for safety reasons, in case someone approached the car and tried to open the door while we're parked, sitting at a stoplight or even even just backing out of a driveway.

we know we can lock the car if we're just in P, and the doors are automatically locked in D, but as a test, my wife could open the driver side or passenger door from the outside while I was in R backing the car out.

Anyone else notice this? Am I missing something in how to ensure the doors are locked at all times when we're in the vehicle? Thanks for any input.

Just picked up the car this week and one thing we noticed is when the car is in Reverse, none of the doors are actually Locked.

We wanted to make sure the doors were locked for safety reasons, in case someone approached the car and tried to open the door while we're parked, sitting at a stoplight or even even just backing out of a driveway.

we know we can lock the car if we're just in P, and the doors are automatically locked in D, but as a test, my wife could open the driver side or passenger door from the outside while I was in R backing the car out.

Anyone else notice this? Am I missing something in how to ensure the doors are locked at all times when we're in the vehicle? Thanks for any input.

My DS instructed us to update to the latest software which just became available and now a unlock/lock icon appears in the upper left corner (in place of headlight icon), so just make sure the lock icon is on whether in D R or P.

• Informative
Reactions: beths11