Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Off - Way too early and often

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This issue started with 2021.48.3 and now on 2021.24.3 it remains. 11/16 MX

Problem: I leave the X to run into a store, drop off a package, etc. I leave the wife/kid/friend in the car while I do that. Within 2 min, the car changes to "Car Off". And the windows no longer have power, but the screen still works etc. I tested with leaving the key in and out of the car while doing this, same result. I have had them play interact with the screen, change music etc... Doesn't matter.

I also notice that now, when I open the front door, the windows won't have power until I push on the brake pedal. Before I used to be able to open the door and open/close a window without having to physically get in the car.

Can anybody with a similar X or S on the same firmware see if theirs behaves similar? I do not have PUP, so no butler doors for me.

...the windows no longer have power, but the screen still works etc...
My 2017 Model X is the same way for the past 4 years with no improvement so this is not new to me.

I don't know about the newer S and X but my 2012 Model S did the same way.

Their technology is expensive but way behind Model 3 and Y as their windows don't lose power at all.

Reactions: DSolie
My 2017 Model X is the same way for the past 4 years with no improvement so this is not new to me.

I don't know about the newer S and X but my 2012 Model S did the same way.

Their technology is expensive but way behind Model 3 and Y as their windows don't lose power at all.

That's so strange because mine USED to perform as if the windows always had power, and it was fabulous. Even if I am sitting in the car, watching Netflix on the MCU, the car will eventually go to sleep... No window power.