Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Seat Causing Indentations In Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm new to the tesla community - just picked up a white performance on 12-29.

Folks on this forum with car seats, are there any ways to prevent the car seats from causing indentations to our soft seats? I've tried several car seat protectors but the car seat is very snugly installed.

Will the seats return to their normal form if we uninstall the car seats for an extended period of time?

Hi All,

Folks on this forum with car seats, are there any ways to prevent the car seats from causing indentations to our soft seats? I've tried several car seat protectors but the car seat is very snugly installed.

Will the seats return to their normal form if we uninstall the car seats for an extended period of time?

Post a photo of the car seat installed and the dents in the seat

Hi All,

this will happen on any seat, especially if you leave the car seats in there for several years. had two car seats installed in two different vehicles. honda odyssey with leather and a subaru with cloth. both seats were permanently (or at least semi-permanently) indented. get a protector for the seat.

also to note - if you don't protect those indentation areas, they're magnets for crumbs and scum. just another place to rub and wear.

Reactions: Sherlo
So that diono seat cover seems to work better for my car seat ( I have the diono radian3 rxt)

Also I learned of this neat trick to use steam to return the foam that was compressed back into its original form.

Like magic it comes back as if it came from the factory!