Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car seat installation in second row.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are configuring our model X and we are wondering where the attachment point is for the top tether of a forward facing car seat in the second row. In the third row we can clearly see clips at the back of the seats that can be used to clip the top tether onto bit where can you do this on the second row seat. They look to have a smooth back without any attachment points.

Here is a kid seat in the second row of a six seat car. We initially put the seat in the third row because I didn't think the center strap would reach to the attachment point at the bottom of the seat back. When I had a little time I moved it to the second row and was surprised that the strap could reach. Only a few inches of strap to spare but it installed fine.

The manual indicates the strap should go around the outside of the head rest in the side positions and over the headrest in the center position. When we get our second X it will be seven seat and we plan to use the center seat location for the kid seat. Hopefully we will be able to try that before month end. The seat belt is stronger than the attach clips so center will be best anyway. Also they say left side is safer than right side but I like to see my critter so left side doesn't work for me.

When it is just me and the worlds best grandson in the car I run the front passenger seat full forward so he can see the map on the flat panel and provide navigation comments. "Are we there yet and how far are we going".

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sorry if if photo quality is not great. I never think that I will be posting a photo and seldom take the time to compose artfully.

added note:
You may notice the left second row seat belt was installed wrong from the factory. It has a 180 degree twist from top to bottom. It is on the punch list for when it goes in for first after delivery visit.
Also the area below the lower FWD latch point has minor damage on both sides. You can kind of see it in the first photo. Also on the list.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the pictures. If it is not too much trouble could you also please show a picture of the back and the clip at the bottom of the second row seat?

We have configured our X and have 4 days left to decide whether to still cancel it or not. It is a lot of money but it looks like a great car.

Many thanks.

Thank you very much for the pictures. If it is not too much trouble could you also please show a picture of the back and the clip at the bottom of the second row seat?

We have configured our X and have 4 days left to decide whether to still cancel it or not. It is a lot of money but it looks like a great car.

Many thanks.

Difficult to get photos of so much black material. Here are a few shots of the center attachment point. Second row was in full forward position to take photos.

image.jpeg

Camera on the floor looking straight up. Rubber cover visable above attachment loop.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The seat is rock solid or mom would not allow the worlds best grandson to ride in Pops car.