Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Shutting Down At Rest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have the same problem and seems to become much more frequent. Initially I only had the problem with the car shutting down and taking 60 secs to turn back on. But now on top of that I have the problem with the audio as well which happens very frequently and requires parking the car, shutting it off, waiting 1-2 minutes and turning it back on. I have not discussed this with SC yet and based not people’s experience sounds like there is no real fix for it yet!

I believe I too experience what the OP describes (no display, no sound, dead pedal). I haven't tried just driving as the seats/wheel etc are all still in easy entry positions. Indeed after the display comes alive I have to manually reselect a driver profile to get a reasonable driving position.

I can't force it to happen but when it happens, it's often after a second or third stop of a day of errands. I'll run one errand, get in and everything's normal. Stop at a store or something and come out 15-20 minutes later: dark and slow to awaken.

I'm also experiencing MCU reboot at startup frequently. About 1/4 to 1/3 of the time, when I get in the car to start up, screen is blank for about a minute, then the T comes up, then other functions (with LTE connectivity often delayed). Car is drivable, but I find I've become so dependent on backup camera that I usually prefer to wait.

There is no rhyme or reason for when this happens. Sometimes it happens first thing in the AM when car has been idle overnight, but sometimes not. Sometimes it happens when I've been parked and left car for 3 minutes. Weird! Not disabling but annoying. will mention when I have accumulated enough items to merit service visit.

I have the same issue, and have been having it for the year I have owned the car. The pedal does feel different, and I can tell when the car is actually starting up as the brake pedal changes feel. It reminds me of how my old S used to feel with a leaky vacuum system. I don't normally drive it in that condition as creep is disabled, but the car is driveable.

I just took my car to service for this issue a 2nd time last Friday. Just got the "it's coming in the 2019. software" answer. I got the same answer (except the 2019 part) 6 months ago when I brought it in previously.