Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Won’t Start help Clearing BMS errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 MS 60 . About six months ago my wife was driving the car when it lost power and error messages started to appear ( power reduced, car needs service). Towed it home pushed it in the backyard and decided I would look at it later. I suspect that the contactors went bad or the rear motor went out. I’m pretty close to just getting rid of the car. I bought it from Copart in 2018 and had it back the road in a few months after replacing a few panels and pyro fuse.

The past few days I’ve been really trying to figure out if it’s just the contactors, or is it something simple as just cleared the BMS error. Current errors are BMS_w026_sw_Ctrs_Disabled and BMS_f086_SW_Not_Ok_To_Precharge. I have root access to the car. I was wondering if anyone knows anyone that is renting out the T-diag or similar tool so I could give clearing the BMS a shot. If not is someone able to remotely clear it with Toolbox? The contactors show they are open when I was in Factory Mode. Pictures attached . I’m located in Texas near Dallas if anyone local that can help me out. Thanks
DB584AF7-1C42-4560-8DB8-55F56AE3130D.jpeg
C1004FDF-3FC6-452E-A50F-2DB8F08DA5DD.jpeg
BA6CB70F-F50D-419A-8680-1B13D05101EA.jpeg

Your sensor looks muddy goopy, probable coolant leakage into motor/inverter.
Further inspection/repair/or replacement required.
Yes I agree, I’m did some resistance check from the junction box to the motor hv wires. On one of the cables the resistance was really low. I’m gonna go ahead and get rid of the car . I don’t see dropping 3-5k for a motor. I already dropped the motor once when my drive shaft clip sheared of and I had to separate the rear motor from the inverter to get the small piece out. I rebuilt it had fun with it. I have another 2016 MS. The offer I got for this one isn’t bad so I won’t let it pass.