Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Wrapping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q: How much would it cost (in UK) for a full car wrap on an M3P? What are the pros/cons?

Taking advantage of the 0% interest offer on new inventory, I'm due to collect my new M3P this weekend. I have been considering protecting the paintwork with a full car wrap (mat or satin black). Opting for a wrap rather than paint protection film to avoid the lines at the panel ends. Has anyone recently had their car wrapped and able to offer info in their experience so far.

Thanks

Q: How much would it cost (in UK) for a full car wrap on an M3P? What are the pros/cons?

Taking advantage of the 0% interest offer on new inventory, I'm due to collect my new M3P this weekend. I have been considering protecting the paintwork with a full car wrap (mat or satin black). Opting for a wrap rather than paint protection film to avoid the lines at the panel ends. Has anyone recently had their car wrapped and able to offer info in their experience so far.

Thanks

Check impact on insurance first ...

Reactions: scotch1
Upvote 0
How much would it cost (in UK) for a full car wrap on an M3P?

My MS was about £5,000 for a full wrap. You could consider "front facing surfaces only", to reduce the cost. But then you need to be sure the damage is going to come from that direction :)

What are the pros/cons?

Pros for me include:

Paintwork looks as-new. Not got any stone chips etc. etc. Some Tesla paint is soft (particular USA cars - because of Regs about noxious chemicals in the painting process I believe). First MS I had did 95,000 miles is 3.5 years. Paintwork still looked new. 2nd MS is lower mileage, but 4 years old already, still looks new.

I don't have to rush to clean Pidgeon poo off. Duno if cleaning is easier, I usually just let the local "Hand Car Wash" do it with a jet-wash lance, once in a blue moon

I don't worry about snuggling up to countryside hedges

Minor bumps unlikely to break the paint. My car was side swiped on a roundabout, car looked like it had been scrapped down a wall ... a wash, and some work with a hair drier to "heal" the PPF and, apart from two small dents, from a distance you'd have been hard pressed to know anything had happened.

My PPF wrapper :) said "Bring us the car as-is, do not let the Vendor do any paint correction what so ever" they don't want to have to fix someone else's bodged fix attempt, and they said that advice applies from Bugatti to Lada :) They will detail the car, before the wrap it, which could be a benefit if you spend time keeping the car looking nice (I don't bother)

Edit: Probably some protection for car being key'd and other similar scrapes

Cons:

Minor dent is not going to be fixed by Chips Away. That will need replacement of the PPF (but you could probably do a small area yourself if you wanted to).

Your insurance company may not be interested in telling the difference between PPF, only intended to protect the car's paint, and a full boy-racer colour wrap that will change the car to Drug Dealer Spec ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thanks
Hi

Here is a link to a picture of my sons wrapped LR The M3 Photo Thread
and a link to the insurance carry on when he did get it wrapped UK Insurers who allow wrapping...who do you use?
hope these help.
He got it wrapped from a fantastic company in Hillington Shore Wraps - Scotland's Leading Wrap Company they were brilliant and I think it cost my son around 5k

Upvote 0
Cheers Torokruger. Admiral are my current insurer for the BMW and offering the best price for the M3P so will likely stick to them.

At my age I will be aiming for a simple colour to avoid people suggesting I'm going through a mid life crisis, however the yellow wrap looks incredible and I wish I was younger again when the police used to pull me over every 100yrds because I had a non standard spoiler.

Shore wraps have been at the top of my list so it's great to hear the recommendation.

Upvote 0