Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Carbon" Dash cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I put on this fake carbon cover to get rid of the wood and figured I'd show you all. It definitely doesn't resemble real carbon, however the pattern matches the black interior very nicely. For something quick and cheap I think this is a good option for some people. Eventually I'll probably get it wrapped in Alcantara to match the door cards but for the price this is gonna hold me over nicely. It installs with included double sided tape in like 10 seconds. The only downside is that it's two pieces. The VERY obvious seam is behind the screen so you can't see it sitting in either seat, but if you look through the windshield you can see it.

20210326_160734.jpg

I would think we would be seeing more aftermarket options to just pop in place the color and style we want. I like it. I think the wood is out of place in the black. Just weird they went with a white color in white interior and well, something way off in the black interior.

Thats so funny, I was exploring options of making the dash carbon fiber, came across 3. One was full replacement, which varied from $500-$1k. The wrap was difficult and still temporary, and was about $60. I also landed on the CF "on top" solution due to the price and ease of install. It accomplished the look but he CF weave is going to opposite way of the CF weave I have on the center console.
IMG_20210326_160540.jpg

Reactions: JDMerica
Thats so funny, I was exploring options of making the dash carbon fiber, came across 3. One was full replacement, which varied from $500-$1k. The wrap was difficult and still temporary, and was about $60. I also landed on the CF "on top" solution due to the price and ease of install. It accomplished the look but he CF weave is going to opposite way of the CF weave I have on the center console.

I opted to go option one, full replacement. The dash is literally right in your face, I'm too OCD to deal with seeing wood grain patterns though the vinyl or slight crinkles along the edges. The stick on ones come up, or you can see wood peeping out at the edges. I don't mind sending some $ on a quality, OEM looking part, especially one as prominent as the dash.

Tim