Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Door Sills on Carl's Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many of you know Carl and his Tesla, so what do you think of the new door sills? The OEM ones that were foam (non sport door sills) were cheap, scuffed easy, and broke with little pressure. Even though Tesla was kind enough to replace them for him since hes a well known Tesla owner, there's no doubt they'll brake again. So they were replaced with these!

Perfect fitment and matches the factory cf.

P1010084.jpg

P1010087.jpg

P1010089.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010091.jpg

P1010093.jpg

P1010094.jpg

As far as quality goes. If you look at other competitors their weave does not come close to how straight and uniform ours are.

Fit, perfect! It installs incredibly easy with the OEM velcro. All you have to do is remove the velcro from the factory ones, velcro them to the lower half that's attached to the frame of the car with out the door sill attached yet. Then just align the door sills, and press down firmly to grab the tape. You can apply the tape to the door sills first but then its harder to position the tape correctly, and then when you go to install the door sill its difficult because the velcro keeps grabbing.

I believe these are the Al & Eds brand?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e..._trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2&category=33695

The door sills I offer resemble the door sills on the sport version of the Roadster. Meaning that each panel looks like two pieces. The main body and the upper corner section. You can tell by the body line. Mines are full carbon fiber from left to right. Tesla only offers the main body piece in carbon fiber, and the corner insert is still plastic wrapped in leather. IMO an easier way to make them... Which is fine, its all about saving time but the problem is that if one of the reasons you'd be interested in an alternative to OEM leather / vinyl wrapped to reduce scuffing, replacing it with Tesla's carbon fiber ones are the wrong way to go because the upper corner where to foot usually makes contact with the panel creating scuffs still exists. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Other then that my intro price is only $1250 with free shipping! I have not started selling them anywhere other than my website so far but I've just been posting pictures to get comments ha. Other brands charge $1500, and once Tesla makes theirs available they'll charge $1600 +.